Job Title: Officer – Emergency Response, Turkana (1 position)
Reports directly to: Manager- Health and Nutrition, Turkana
Manager – Livelihoods, DRR and Emergency Response, Nairobi
Direct Reports: None
Job Location: Lodwar town, with frequent travels to various sub Counties
Contract Details: 6 Months
Job Purpose: To lead implementation of Turkana desert locusts Cash Transfer response for Concern Worldwide in partnership with SAPCONE
Main duties & Responsibilities:
Core Roles and Responsibilities
· Support the implementing partner in beneficiary identification, validation and registration for Security" id="link" class="link">Food Security cash transfers
· Support the implementing partner in undertaking post distribution monitoring for food security cash
· Represent Concern in Coordination forums on desert locusts emergency response in Turkana County and Sub County level
· Liaise with other humanitarian agencies and County government agencies undertaking desert locusts emergency response in Turkana
· Document progress made in the implementation of the emergency cash transfer program on a monthly and quarterly basis. This will include but not limited to: document case studies and change stories, monthly and quarterly progress report plan, monthly and quarterly indicator tracker clearly showing progress made against the targets set out in the M&E plan/Logframe, pictorial and audio-visual recordings of project implementation and as will be defined by the line manager
· Participate and support in Concern led emergency response in other sectors in Turkana County in addition to the cash transfer program
· Comply with Concern’s health, safety and security guidelines during the emergency response
. Any other duties as will be assigned by the line manager
Programme Participant Protection Policy
· To adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct.
· To support and promote the standards outlined in the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct to their team, partner organisations and beneficiaries, and be committed to providing a safe working environment.
· To contribute to the establishment of preventive measures to reduce the potential for abuse in Concern programme (as per P4 section 6).
Job Specification: Education, Qualifications & Experience Required:
At least 2 years’ experience in cash transfer programming
At least 2 years’ experience working with and managing local partners
Fluency in spoken and written language in English, Swahili and local language spoken in Turkana County
Must have a working knowledge of Project Cycle Management
Strong written and Oral Communication skills
Good computing and report writing skills
Be able to work independently, as well as in a team
Be willing to accept responsibility and to show good judgment, initiative, and resourcefulness.
Experience working in Turkana County especially on cash transfer programming
This job description is not exhaustive and may be revised by the line manager from time to time. This position is subject to Concern getting funding
Concern has an organisational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy. These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organisation, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organisation to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both the Concern Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies.
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should send their CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject of the email as ‘Officer- Emergency Response, Turkana)’ by 16th June 2020 however, due to the urgency of this position, applications will be shortlisted as they are received and we may offer posts before the closing date.
Each application should include three (3) referees who can validate technical expertise. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.