Job Title: Officer - ASAL Livelihoods, Turkana North and Kibish (1 Position)
Reports to: Senior Program Manager – Turkana County
Direct Reports: Field Assistant - Kibish
Job Location: Turkana North Sub County, Turkana County
Contract Details: One (1) Year Fixed Term Renewable Contract Subject to Performance and Availability of Funds
Group Medical Cover (Principal & 2 Dependants)
Group Life Assurance Cover
WIBA Plus/Personal Accident Cover
To provide technical leadership in the implementation of the Turkana County ASAL Livelihoods programme and mentorship and technical guidance to the field officers
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
· Provide technical leadership and mentorship to the field assistant. The Technical Support will be specific to the implementation of the required activities as will be defined in the annual program work plan
· Implementation of the Turkana County ASAL Livelihoods program annual work plan in Turkana North and Kibish Sub Counties
· Document progress made in the implementation of the Turkana County ASAL Livelihoods program on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. This will include but not limited to: document case studies and change stories in close consultation with the field officer and line manager, monthly and quarterly progress report which should be clearly linked to the annual program work plan, monthly and quarterly indicator tracker clearly showing progress made against the targets set out in the M&E plan/Logframe, pictorial and audio-visual recordings of project implementation and as will be defined by the line manager and/or the Senior Manager Livelihoods
· Advice the line manager on necessary changes as observed on the ground in order to improve implementation of planned interventions
· Network with like-minded partners at sub-county level in order to optimize programme delivery
· Represent Concern Worldwide at Sub County level Coordination and technical forums in: Citizen participation linked to areas of interest of livelihoods, Crop production forums, livestock production forums, natural Resource Management forums and others as will be specified by the line manager and/or the Food, Income and Markets Coordinator
· Foster linkages between target communities and community groups with the relevant government departments and the private sectors as appropriate and as will be defined in the annual work plan. This will entail Mapping out and identifying the relevant government departments and private sectors that will be appropriate at sub County and ward level.
· Responding to Emergencies:
· Participate and contribute as necessary towards Concern’s Emergency response as and when necessary
· Comply with Concern’s health, safety and security guidelines during emergencies
· Programme Participant Protection Policy
· To adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct.
· To support and promote the standards outlined in the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct to their team, partner organizations and beneficiaries, and be committed to providing a safe working environment.
· To contribute to the establishment of preventive measures to reduce the potential for abuse in Concern programme (as per P4 section 6).
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Community Development, Livestock Production, Crop Production, Social Sciences or any other relevant field
· At least two (2) years’ experience in a similar role
· Must have a working knowledge of Project Cycle Management, Community Managed Disaster Risk Reduction, Participatory Disease Surveillance, Natural Resource Management, Climate Smart Agriculture, Pastoral Field Schools, Making Markets work for the Poor and Value Chains Development.
· Fluency in spoken and written language in English, Swahili. Knowledge of at least one of the local languages spoken in Turkana County is an added advantage
· A resident of Turkana North or Kibish Sub Counties
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Good computing and report writing skills
· Be able to work independently, as well as in a team
· Strong leadership and management skills
· Be willing to accept responsibility and to show good judgment, initiative, and resourcefulness.
This job description is not exhaustive and may be revised by the line manager from time to time.
Concern has an organisational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy. These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organisation, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organisation to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission.
Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their contract of employment.
By signing the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both the Concern Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies.
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should send their CV and Cover Letter Only to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of the email as ‘Officer – ASAL Livelihoods Turkana North and Kibish” by 16th June 2020**
Each application should include three (3) referees who can validate technical expertise.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
CONCERN WORLDWIDE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT CHARGE FOR ANY KIND OF RECRUITMENT