1. Background and Justification Purpose of the Position The purpose of the European Observatory on Health Systems and Policies roster is to establish a pool of high level expertise on core health systems functions and issues that can be deployed rapidly and flexibly for future assignments to help meet the Observatory's work plan commitments and support Member States. The experts on the roster will work at varying levels of seniority to contribute to evidence generation and knowledge brokering across a number of technical areas and issues. They will help provide senior policy makers with the tailored evidence they need to take better informed health system decisions. 2. Job Description Objectives of the Programme and of the immediate Strategic Objective The European Observatory on Health Systems and Policies is at the forefront of international evidence generation and knowledge brokering for health policies and systems. Its mission is to support and promote evidence-informed Health Policy-making through comprehensive and rigorous Analysis of the dynamics of health systems and policies in Europe. The Observatory's aim is to generate evidence and broker knowledge so that policy makers can take better health systems decisions and improve population health. Its objectives includeApply Now
- Describing and analysing health systems and the changes they undergo;
- Mapping trends and making comparisons (including with relevant countries outside Europe) to support European policy making;
- Mobilizing experience from practice across Europe to give insights into policy issues;
- Working in partnership with governments, international organisations, academics, policy-makers and practitioners to provide evidence and evidence-informed policy options to national and European policy-makers;
- Employing (and developing) a range of knowledge brokering tools to communicate effectively with policy-makers;
- Feeding evidence into the wider health policy debate.