Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion. General Call for Nutrition-Sensitive Experts, Worldwide ACDI/VOCA, and its affiliates under ACDI/VOCA Group (Tanager and AV Ventures), is seeking experienced Nutrition-Sensitive Experts for both short- and long-term opportunities related to nutrition-sensitive agriculture, food systems, and food security proposals and programming.Apply Now
ResponsibilitiesConsultancy opportunities vary but may include:
- Conduct research and field assessments to identify nutrition-sensitive approaches that increase consumption of safe, nutritious food.
- Engage with key informants to understand the nutrition and agricultural landscape in a given area to inform proposal development.
- Co-create the design and implementation of interventions that increase household production, access to, purchase, and consumption of nutrient-rich foods.
- Design and conduct participatory training and workshops on nutrition-sensitive agriculture and/or food systems for clients.
- Develop and test tools that integrate nutrition into the design and implementation of agriculture activities.
- Support clients on development, refinement, and/or roll-out of nutrition-sensitive business policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with evaluation partners in designing tools and evaluations that identify most effective and efficient models for increasing equitable consumption of safe, affordable, nutritious food year-round.
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in nutrition, public health, or a relevant discipline, plus a minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to gather and analyze a variety of information pertaining to issues and to develop appropriate recommendations for action.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to write required documents in a clear, concise, well-organized manner.
- English proficiency in speaking and report writing.
- Other language fluency is desired.
- At least one of the following technical skills or expertise:
- Experience working with agricultural market systems, rural producers, farmers’ associations, agribusinesses, private sector agricultural production, marketing, or sales, and/or governments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and proven successful ability to design and conduct trainings and workshops and lead interviews, focus groups, and other formative research methodologies
- Demonstrated experience integrating nutrition into agriculture projects and knowledge of nutrition-sensitive agriculture concepts.
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating training on nutrition-sensitive agriculture, leading nutrition analysis, and identifying nutrition-sensitive interventions for agriculture programs or organizations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of social and behavior change communication theory and techniques.
- Understanding of gender-integrated agriculture concepts and ability to integrate a gender into nutrition-sensitive approaches.
- Demonstrated knowledge of water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) and experience conducting research, program planning, or trainings related to WASH.