This is an exciting opportunity to work for UNICEF Zambia as a Nutrition Officer under the supervision of the Nutrition Specialist, the Incumbent will ensure to provide professional technical and operational assistance throughout the programming process for the SUN II programme, from Development Planning to delivery of results. In doing so, the incumbent will implement a variety of technical and administrative programme tasks to facilitate programme development, implementation, progress monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of results from Mongu, Western Province. UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. And we never give up. For every child, Nutrition The UNICEF Programme of Cooperation with the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ) is designed to address and mitigate the threat of poverty the country's children face, while responding to the needs with interventions addressing the multiple causative factors. In response to the combination these threats involve the Programme supports national efforts to improve service delivery in the key areas of: Child Health and nutrition and HIV and AIDS, quality Basic Education, water, sanitation and hygiene education, Child Protection and social policy, advocacy and communication. To find out more about UNICEF's work in Zambia, please visit https://www.unicef.org/zambia/ How can you make a difference? Take this opportunity to join the vibrant Nutrition team working under the Nutrition Specialist, the incumbent will ensure to provides professional technical and operational assistance throughout the programming process for the SUN II programme, from development planning to delivery of results. In doing so, the incumbent will implement a variety of technical and administrative programme tasks to facilitate programme development, implementation, progress monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of results from Eastern and Muchinga Province. Responsibilities and Tasks: Summary of key functions/accountabilities:Apply Now
- Support to programme development and planning.
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results.
- Technical and operational support to programme implementation.
- Networking and partnership building.
- Support implementation of new approaches, including support to Capacity Building of partners and documentation of experiences in the implementation of those approaches.
- Builds and maintains partnerships.
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness.
- Drive to achieve results for impact.
- Innovates and embraces change.
- Manages ambiguity and complexity.
- Thinks and acts strategically.
- Works collaboratively with others.
- Nurtures leads and manages people (applicable only for managers).