Nutrition and WASH Specialist, South Sudan Monitoring and Evaluation Support Project, South Sudan
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, peace and stability, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Support Project (MESP) provides USAID/South Sudan with flexible, demand-driven technical, analytic, advisory, training, monitoring, evaluation, and related support services for performance measurement. The project includes monitoring and evaluation Technical Support to the Mission for performance management at all levels as well as support to assessments, analytical research, and related services required for new project designs, sector strategies, and broader strategic revisions.
**Please note: Only South Sudanese citizens are eligible for this position
The Nutrition and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Specialist will provide technical advice, assistance, and guidance to the United States Agency for International Development/ Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance (USAID/OFDA) office and implementing partners on issues related to Nutrition and WASH. The Nutrition and WASH Specialist will play a significant role in informing the Mission of implementation status and the context relevant to the performance across OFDA/South Sudan. The Nutrition and WASH Specialist will also play an integral role in the drafting, editing and overall quality control of Third-Party Monitoring reports, studies, and other MESP reporting deliverables related to nutrition and WASH. The position reports directly to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP). This is a long-term technical assistance (LTTA) position based in Juba, South Sudan.
- Advise OFDA and implementing partners on all technical aspects of nutrition and WASH ensuring an effective approach to achieving milestones and suggest ways to improve performance, particularly regarding program performance
- Conduct monitoring visits to determine the extent to which OFDA implementing partners have due diligence in place to provide oversight to the use of OFDA resources
- Support and provide oversight on Data Collection, compile reports on performance and convene adaptive learning sessions with the Mission as required
- Make recommendations to address nutrition and WASH concerns and inform the OFDA strategy for future emergency interventions in regions of South Sudan
- Build capacity of Community Monitors on monitoring and reporting nutrition and WASH activities implemented by OFDA implementing partners
- Support data quality assessments including spot-checks for relevant nutrition and WASH activities upon OFDA request
- Provide day to day operational and program support to all Nutrition and WASH monitoring activities including managing budget resources evaluation monitoring visits as well as assist and support the team with field logistics and meeting arrangements
- Work with field and community monitors to review and provide technical information and consolidate reports from field monitors into succinct technical narrative reports
- Ensure that technical narrative reports have graphic enhancements, such as tables and graphs that succinctly relay data and its Analysis, photos and other visual aids
- Support the development of tools, such as power point presentations, to further disseminate findings, conclusions and recommendations in a format that is user-friendly and suitable for collaboration, learning and adaptation
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree required in a field relevant to nutrition/WASH and Program Management such as Public Health, Nutrition and International Development
- A minimum of three years of experience in nutrition, WASH and monitoring and evaluation
- Experience using computer/Data Analysis software including Microsoft office suite, Adobe Creative Suite, and database Management Systems
- Demonstrated experience with emergency response, and disaster mitigation programming
- Knowledge of the social, political and economic factors affecting rural populations in South Sudan
- Experience in recovery and disaster mitigation in post-conflict settings
- Experience in carrying out field work in South Sudan preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work well with field-based, local staff via telephone and e-mail
- Language capability relevant to conducting interviews with the ethnic groups targeted by the activities of the project
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.