Grade: NOA Vacancy no.: LUSAKA/DC/NO/2019/26 Publication date: 21 NOVEMBER 2019 Application deadline (midnight Zambian local time): 6 DECEMBER 2019 Job ID: 2041 Department: RO-Africa Organization Unit: CO-Lusaka Location: Lusaka Contract type: Fixed Term Contract duration: 1 YEAR Under article 4.2, paragraph (e) of the Staff Regulations, the filling of vacancies in technical cooperation projects does not fall under Annex I of the Staff Regulations and is made by direct selection by the Director-General. In order to support the best informed process in the filling of the above-mentioned vacancy by direct selection, the ILO invites interested candidates to submit their application online by the above date. The following are eligible to apply:Apply Now
- ILO Internal candidates in accordance with paragraphs 31 and 32 of Annex I of the Staff Regulations.
- External candidates*
- Knowledge of programme and budget, project administration and evaluation concepts and procedures and of the mandate and structure of labour market institutions in Zambia.
- Knowledge of the office’s financial rules and regulations
- Good knowledge of the context and challenges for the project areas of expertise
- Strong analytical skills and ability to justify requirements and approaches to problem resolution and good drafting skills
- Good ability to interpret project information and to identify and analyze problems with implementation
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Ability to clarify information
- Demonstrate collaborative and team work experience and ability to work effectively with a multicultural and interdisciplinary team as well as work on his/her own initiative
- Ability to work independently, quickly, precisely, and take initiative and responsibility
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet the deadline
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, web-browsers and database applications
- Ability to deal with people with tact and diplomacy.