Grade: NOA Vacancy no.: DC/PRRETORIA/2020/NO/05 Publication date: 13 August 2020 Application deadline (midnight local time): 05 Septermber 2020 Job ID: 4033 Department: RO-Africa Organization Unit: DWT/CO-Pretoria Location: Mbabane Contract type: Fixed Term Contract duration:12 months Under article 4.2, paragraph (e) of the Staff Regulations, the filling of vacancies in technical cooperation projects does not fall under Annex I of the Staff Regulations and is made by direct selection by the Director-General. In order to support the best informed process in the filling of the above-mentioned vacancy by direct selection, the ILO invites interested candidates to submit their application online by the above date. The following are eligible to apply:Apply Now
- ILO Internal candidates in accordance with paragraphs 31 and 32 of Annex I of the Staff Regulations.
- External candidates*
- Substantive knowledge of issues of poverty, exclusion, inequality, unemployment, vulnerability, social protection and inclusion, and strategies for the extension of social protection to all.
- Substantive knowledge of unemployment protection and complementary policy measures
- Strong knowledge of trends and the reforms landscape of social protection in Eswatini, and regional and global developments in social protection.
- Excellent analytical skills. Ability to contribute to research and policy oriented activities and reports.
- Excellent drafting skills and the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in English.
- Ability to establish and maintain systems for effective programme implementation, reporting and evaluation. Demonstrated ability to effectively implement a Development Cooperation programme.
- Good knowledge of the role and operations of UN system activities for development.
- Ability to understand and effectively work with Government, workers and employers organizations, non-government organizations and UN agencies.
- Proficient in basic Computer Software (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe Reader) and ability to use other software packages required by the Office.
- Good planning and organizational skills. Ability to work on own initiative, with minimum supervision, as well as a team member and team leader. Good Interpersonal Relations.