Grade: NOB Vacancy no.: DC/Dhaka/NO-B/2019/14 Publication date: 14 November 2019 Application deadline (midnight local time): 25 November 2019 Job ID: 2022 Department: RO-Asia and The Pacific Organization Unit: CO-Dhaka Location: Dhaka Contract type: Fixed Term Contract duration: One year (with the posibility of extension) Under article 4.2, paragraph (e) of the Staff Regulations, the filling of vacancies in technical cooperation projects does not fall under Annex I of the Staff Regulations and is made by direct selection by the Director-General. In order to support the best informed process in the filling of the above-mentioned vacancy by direct selection, the ILO invites interested candidates to submit their application online by the above date. The following are eligible to apply:Apply Now
- ILO Internal candidates in accordance with paragraphs 31 and 32 of Annex I of the Staff Regulations.
- External candidates*
- Good knowledge about social, economic development, including labor and employment, trends in the country
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with all project stakeholders, and establish and maintain systems within project operations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage technical co-operation projects of international organizations, and understand and effectively work with Government, workers and employers organizations, non-government organizations and UN agencies.
- Ability to conduct action oriented research and write analytical technical report in English, and conduct policy discussion and high-level political processes.
- Good communication skills, to successfully advocate for and mobilize action to promote freedom of association and right to collective bargaining principles.
- Clear commitment to mainstream gender into project activities.
- Ability to lead and work in a team and good interpersonal relations, train & guide personnel, and work under time pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to demonstrate gender-sensitive and non-discriminatory behaviour and attitudes.
- Proficient in basic Computer Software (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe Reader) and ability to use other software packages required by the Office.
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.