Under the direct supervision of the Head of Office in Dominica and in Coordination with RO San Jose and relevant units at Headquarters (HQs), the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for coordinating the budgetary, financial, human resources and administrative functions of the Mission.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
1. Coordinate and monitor the financial management for all activities, including the oversight of financial expenditure and accountability; undertake Analysis" id="link" class="link">Financial Analysis of projects in the Mission.
3. Prepare project financial reports in accordance with IOM and donor regulations and established procedures.
4. Forecast cash flows according to activities in the Mission and ensure daily control of funds disbursed; ensure funding is received in accordance with donor agreement.
5. Inspect payroll versus budgets, ensuring that salaries are correctly allocated to projects, consistent with IOM's projectization criteria.
6. Participate in preparation of annual budget for the Mission, monitor budget control and analyze variances between budget and actual expenditures. Prepare the budgets for new programmes and send the BNPs to Manila Budget Support (MBS) for upload. Revise budgets and request the upload of the revised BNPs as necessary.
7. Provide Technical Support to project managers throughout the project cycle to ensure compliance with IOM's policies and procedures and any donor-specific requirements.
8. Provide Administrative, HR, Finance, Procurement and Logistics support to the mission.
Provide technical support to Implementing Partners. Review their financial reports before funds are disbursed according to payment schedules.
9. Coordinate the Mission's administrative functions, including recruitment, retention, promotion, separation, and other related activities, in accordance with the Organization's policies and procedures.
Guide and monitor the performance of staff under his/her supervision. Ensure all mission staff complete all the SES cycles in a timely fashion.
10. Make recommendations on procedural improvements and train project and support staff in the relevant areas of Administration and finance.
11. Develop and implement permanent instructions and procedures within the mission to complement or adapt to the general instructions of IOM.
12. Maintain and further strengthen appropriate internal controls and develop and implement relevant operational control systems.
13. Coordinate the procurement and logistics services, including contracts with suppliers of goods and services and related administrative authorities; oversee the management of the fleet of vehicles and the maintenance of the premises as well as the functioning of all support services at the Mission.
14. Liaise and coordinate with LEG and FPU as needed for the review and approval of agreements and POs (lease, construction, service and agreements with IPs) before signature and make sure IOM procedures are followed in the selection of partners and service providers.
15. Liaise with other internal functional units of the Mission, as well as Banking, donors and government counterparts and other stakeholders as applicable in the performance of the accounting function.
16. Liaise with relevant units at HQ/ MAC/PAC and RO San Jose with regard to the financial and administrative activities of the Mission.
17. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Management, Accounting, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Professional certification as chartered Accountant (CA) or certified public accountant (CPA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) will be a distinct advantage.
- Experience in IOM administrative and financial management, budget monitoring, Cash Management and internal control procedures;
- Experience in the usage of office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and Data Analysis; and,
- Experience supervising the development and implementation of administrative control procedures.
(specify the required knowledge)
Fluency in English (oral and written).
Working knowledge of French & Spanish.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- In depth knowledge of the broad range of migration related subject areas dealt with by the Organization; and,
- Knowledge of UN and bilateral donor programming.
- Knowledge of financial rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS)
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Applications should be directed to Ngreaves@iom.int or firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: March 27, 2020
Download terms of reference
Friday, March 27, 2020
DOWNLOAD TERMS OF REFERENCE
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.