The National Customs and Transport Officer, under the close supervision of the Regional Development Officer, provides technical and Operational Support to programme and project activities related to customs and transport issues in Kyrgyzstan. The Officer researches and analyzes socio-economic data, compiles background information on economic and social factors; collects and /or supervises the collection, consolidation and verification of documents, actions and data; and participates in the production of technical studies. The Officer also assists in the identification, formulation and preparation of programme and project proposals; monitors progress of on-going programme/project activities; reviews, verifies and analyzes work-plans; identifies problems, in particular, inconsistencies and delays, and recommends solutions for overcoming operational constraints, including recommendations on alternative methods for project Design. The Officer provides administrative support such as monitoring project expenditures, maintaining project databases; ensures the timely preparation of analytical and statistical reports; and prepares briefs as required.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provides Analysis and advice to the Regional Development Officer and Head of the Economicand Environmental Department on customs and transport issues in Kyrgyzstan;
- Keeps the Regional Development Officer abreast of all relevant developments in the areaconnected to customs and transport initiatives;
- Assess and reports on relevant developments taking place in Kyrgyzstan in the sphere of customsand transport and drafts relevant background reports and concept papers;
- Contributes to developing the strategy and necessary resources for the economic and environmental activities of the EED through the Programme Budgeting process;
- In co-ordination with the Regional Development Officer and Head of the Economic and Environmental Department contributes to the development, implementation and evaluation of projects related to customs and transport;
- Assists the Regional Development Officer and Head of the Economic and Environmental Department in the provision of the EED mid-year and annual program revisions and EED budget reviews;
- Assists in arranging OSCE national and regional events, visits to the area by OSCE delegations, as well as other events with OSCE participation;
- Initiate, maintain and develop contacts and communication with government agencies, ministries, NGOs, international organizations and donor agencies for exchange of information, program development, Coordination, evaluation and follow-up;
- As requested by the Regional Development Officer and Head of the Economic and Environmental Department, represents the OSCE and the POiB in meetings, conferences, seminars on advocating for the fulfilment of EED commitments to external audiences;
- Performs other duties as requested.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Programme Office in Bishkek, please see: https://www.osce.org/programme-office-in-bishkek.
- University degree in International Relations, Law, Public Policy, Economics or Public Administration;
- A minimum of two years of professional experience in the field of customs and transport, preferably with an international organization or government institution or an NGO, or with a law enforcement agency;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, Russian, and Kyrgyz;
- Holding a valid driving license;
- Established knowledge of Programme related issues especially in the area of customs and transport and ability to comprehend the political and socio-economic situation in the area and region; excellent skills in project planning, implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation procedures;
- Ability to collect and comprehend versatile information in aim to perform appropriate analyses;
- Ability to respect decision making string, to comprehend complexity and importance of the project and to act in accordance to the existing procedures;
- Computer literate with practical experience with Microsoft applications.
- Commitment: Actively contributes to achieving organizational goals
- Diversity: Respects others and values their diverse perspectives and contributions
- Integrity: Acts in a manner consistent with the Organization’s core values and organizational principles
- Accountability: Takes responsibility for own action and delegated work
- Communication: Actively works to achieve clear and transparent communication with colleagues and with stakeholders of the Organization
- Collaboration: Works effectively with others on common goals and fosters a positive, trust-based working environment
- Planning: Works towards the achievement of goals in a structured and measured manner
- Analysis and decision-making: Analyses available information, draws well-founded conclusions and takes appropriate decisions
- Initiative-taking: Proposes and initiates new ideas, activities and projects
- Flexibility: Responds positively and effectively to changing circumstances
Managerial competencies (for positions with managerial responsibilities)
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, builds trust and creates an enabling environment
- Strategic thinking: Identifies goals that advance the organizational agenda and develops plans for achieving them
- Managing performance: Helps to maximize team performance by providing active feedback and skill development opportunities
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 1455.58 Euro/month. Social benefits will include OSCE participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
How To Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/vacancies/. The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration. Please note that the vacancy is open for competition only amongst individuals with actual citizenship of the Kyrgyz Republic. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization. Please note that in the event of invitation for interview/test, the OSCE is unable to reimburse costs incurred.