UNDP Bangladesh is supporting the Government to find innovative solutions to its development challenges based on the Country Programme Document was approved by the Government and UNDP in 2006 and signed United Nations Development Assistance Framework for Bangladesh 2017–2020. Outcome 2 of the reads “By 2020, relevant State institutions, together with their respective partners, enhance effective management of the natural and man-made environment focusing on improved sustainability and increased resilience of vulnerable individuals and groups. The objective of this project is to formulate the Bangladesh National Adaptation Plan (NAP) with a focus on long term adaptation investment and enhancing national capacity for integration of climate change adaptation in planning, budgeting and financial tracking processes. This GCF NAP readiness support project will achieve this objective through four inter-related outcomes:Apply Now
- Outcome 1: Strengthened institutional coordination and climate change information and knowledge management for medium- to long-term planning;
- Outcome 2: Adaptation options appraised and prioritized, and National Adaptation Plan formulated;
- Outcome 3: Climate risk informed decision-making tools developed and piloted by planning and budget departments at national and sectoral levels;
- Outcome 4: Nationally appropriate adaptation investments tracking mechanism set up and financial plan for mid- and long-term CCA implementation prepared.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesSCOPE OF WORK The National Consultant will work closely with and assist the PMU of the project with the following sub-outcomes: Sub-outcome 1.1 Assess technical and institutional capacity, information, knowledge and data gaps at the national, sectoral, and thematic levels for CCA planning; Sub-outcome 1.3 Build expanded information and knowledge base with focus on detailed CC risks and vulnerability and interpret CCA planning scenarios for the mid- and long-term; Sub-outcome 3.2 Expand training on CCA mainstreaming and bankable project development skills, specifically for personnel in priority sectors working on CCA programmes; The consultant will be responsible for ensuring:
- Review various technical and projects reports submitted by consulting firm/NGOs/individual consultants and provide feedback and inputs for further improvements;
- Assist in authoring research reports, briefing notes, policy papers, and other project communication materials as required;
- Facilitate in research on project financing and project development processes;
- Keeping a record of all relevant research and relevant documents;
- Managing appointments and coordinating with external contributors and agencies;
- Collection and collation of primary and secondary data and information and analysis;
- Develop bibliographies, including preparation of citation and reference;
- Support to prepare and disseminate high quality communication and publicity materials, including online disclosure of required information;
- Support to organize awareness, advocacy and result sharing/dissemination events, exposure visits, etc.;
- Participate in meetings, conferences/workshop/roundtable, training, etc. prepare meeting minutes, conference/workshop proceedings, summary of events, draft speeches of guests, etc. and perform any other task as directed by the GoB/PMU/UNDP;
- Strong language and drafting ability;
- Excellent liaison skills;
- Good computer and internet knowledge;
- Good writing skills in English;
- Proficiency in the use of computer;
Required Skills and ExperienceEducation
- Minimum Master’s degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Management, Forestry, Engineering, Climate Change, Development Studies or Economics, Natural Resource Management, or closely relevant field
- Minimum 3 (three) years’ experience in different research/development related supportive activities in the environmental sustainability field or related field.
- One-year Young Professional work experience with UN Agencies will also be treated as qualified experience for the position;
- Experience in the use of computers and office software packages, (i.e. MS word, excel, PowerPoint etc.) and experience in the use of spreadsheet and database packages are required;
- At least 2 years of working experience in similar positions, especially in finance or policy,
- Excellent English and Bangla communication.
- p = points for the financial proposal being evaluated;
- y = maximum number of points for the financial proposal;
- µ = price of the lowest priced proposal;
- z = price of the proposal being evaluated.
- Personal CV indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (date of birth, gender, email and telephone number) of the Candidate and at least three (3) professional references;
- Technical Proposal - a brief description of the assignment, detail break-down of the Work Plan and Methodology to carry out and complete the assignment.
- Financial Proposal: Financial Proposal has to be submitted through a standard interest and availability template which can be downloaded from the link below: http://www.bd.undp.org/content/dam/bangladesh/docs/Jobs/Interest%20and%20Submission%20of%20Financial%20Proposal-Template%20for%20Confirmation.docx