UNDP and the Ministry of Environment and Physical Planning (MoEPP) are implementing the project “Macedonia’s Fourth National Communication (NC) and Third Biennial Update Report (BUR) on Climate Change under the UNFCCC (4th NC/3rd BUR)” and “Strengthening institutional and technical Macedonian capacities to enhance transparency in the framework of the Paris Agreement” (CBIT Project). Both projects should provide support to the country in fulfilling the country’s commitments under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) and the Paris Agreement. Additionally, UNDP is supporting the Macedonian Government to revise its Nationally Determined Contributions on Climate Change (revised NDC), as the overarching climate change policy document.
Following the international agenda on gender and climate change, Macedonian efforts in this area have developed fast in the last two years, introducing systematic approach complemented with policy and capacity building activities and models both at policy and implementation level.
In order to further advance on the national gender and climate change agenda, UNDP is seeking to engage a qualified national consultant.
Duties and Responsibilities
Objective of the Assignment
The consultant is expected to closely support integration of gender aspects into the main climate change policies in the country, and capacity building activities both at national and local level.
Scope of Work
- Familiarize with the existing national gender and climate change relevant documents, relevant handbooks, UNFCCC gender requirements and regional gender and climate change activities;
- Support integration of gender aspects into the 4th National Communication on Climate Change and implementation of the relevant sections within the draft gender and climate change action plan ;
- Support integration of climate change aspects into the new Gender Equality Strategy;
- Support integration of gender aspects into the revised National Determined Contributions;
- Perform spot-check to the capacity building activities on gender and climate change planned within the project for this year, and ensure they are in line with the approved training manual
- Develop procedures for collection of gender disaggregated data relevant to climate change;
- Provide support to the UNFCCC gender and Climate Change Focal point in monitoring ofthe international commitments related to climate change and gender and their potential transposition into the national relevant documents, as applicable;
- Provide technical support and guidance to the Gender and Climate Change team within the Ministry of Labor and Social Policy;
- Develop at least 3 knowledge products on gender and climate change;
- Actively participate in regional initiatives on Gender and Climate Change.
EXPECTED OUTPUTS AND DELIVERABLES:
The consultancy is expected to deliver the outputs specified in the Scope of work part. The payments shall be done per day quarterly, depending on the days worked. Total 7 quarterly progress reports to be prepared and delivered for the period July 2020 – February 2022. The progress reports duly approved by the Project Manager, shall serve as the basis for the payment of fees.
The consultant will work under direct supervision of the Project Manager. He/she will be in regular communication with the UNDP Project Manager, as well as with UNFCCC Climate and Gender Focal Points. All reports will need to be prepared in English and Macedonian language.
Duration of the Work
The duration of the Consultant’ is estimated up to 100 working days in the period June 2020 - February 2022.
Duty station and travel
Travel is not expected. If unforeseen travel is requested by UNDP it will be covered by UNDP in line with applicable rules and regulations and upon prior written approval of the Project Manager.
- Excellent communications and facilitation skills;
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills;
- Excellent research and writing skills;
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills
- Fluency in English and Macedonian, with excellent writing skills.
Required Skills and Experience
The selected candidates shall possess:
- Minimum B.Sc. (or equivalent) in relevant area (gender studies, social sciences or similar). An advanced university education in the areas of gender studies, policy development, development studies or other related fields will be considered as an asset;
- At least 7 years of professional experience in gender related issues, particularly in designing/developing gender policies, delivering gender mainstreaming trainings, etc.
- At least 4 relevant projects related to gender issues (gender analyses and/or studies, gender strategies, etc.). Relevant experience in gender and environment and/or climate change will be considered as asset;
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION OF BEST OFFER
The award of the contract shall be made to the offeror whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
a) Being responsive/compliant/acceptable, and
b) Having received the highest score based on the following weight of technical and financial criteria for solicitation as per the schedule below:
* Technical criteria weight: 70%
* Financial criteria weight: 30%
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points (70%) in the technical evaluation shall be considered for the financial evaluation.
For the considered offers in the financial evaluation only, the lowest price offer will receive 30 points. The other offers will receive points in relation to the lowest offer, based on the following formula:
The candidate will be awarded with the highest aggregate score based on technical and financial proposal.
Minimum B.Sc. (or equivalent) in relevant area (gender studies, social sciences or similar). An advanced university education in the areas of gender studies, policy development, development studies or other related fields will be considered as an asset.
BSc = 15
MA = 18
PhD = 20
Minimum 7 years of progressively responsible relevant experience in gender related issues, particularly in designing/developing gender policies, delivering gender mainstreaming trainings, etc.
7 years = 14 points
8-10 = 17 points
Above 10 = 20 points
At least 4 relevant projects related to gender issues (gender analyses and/or studies, gender strategies, etc.). Relevant experience in gender and environment and/or climate change will be considered as asset;
4 projects = 20 points
More than 5 projects = 23 points
experience in gender and environment and/or climate change = up to 7 points
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED
Interested offerors are invited submit the following documents/information to be considered:
- Offeror’s letter, as per the following form LINK
- Most updated CV with focus on required qualification as well as the contact details of at least three (3) professional references;
- Brief description of why the individual considers him/herself as the most suitable for the assignment,
- Financial Proposal The financial proposal must be expressed in the form of a all-inclusive daily-fee, supported by breakdown of costs as per template provided in MK Denars for this consultancy.
The financial proposal must take into account various expenses that will be incurred during the contract, including: the daily professional fee, communications, any other expenses related to this assignment.
1. Click on the "Apply now" button
2. Input your information in the appropriate sections: personal information, language proficiency, education, resume, and motivation (cover letter). You can type in, or paste your short Resume into the last box.
3. Upon completion of the first page, please hit "submit application" tab at the end of the page. On the next page, you will be asked to upload other required documents listed in the step 2.
Interested individual consultants must submit the documents/information listed in the “Documents to submit section” above.
The system will allow only one attachment. Therefore, please upload all required documents as one file.
Failing to submit any of these documents may result in disqualification of the application.
Please note that shortlisted candidates might be interviewed.
If the deliverables are not produced and delivered by the consultant to the satisfaction of UNDP as approved by the responsible Portfolio Manager, no payment will be made even if the consultant has invested man/days to produce and deliver such deliverables.UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.