NOTE: Signed Offeror’s Letter to UNDP Confirming Interest and Availability - https://www.ba.undp.org/content/dam/bosnia_and_herzegovina/docs/Operations/Jobs/Offerors%20Letter%20to%20UNDP%20Confirming%20Interest%20and%20Availability.docx - Letter to UNDP Confirming Interest and Availability.docx - to be sent to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject: Job ID 93963. The objective of the project “Catalyzing Environmental Finance for Low-carbon Urban Development” is to leverage investment for transformational shift towards low-carbon urban development in Bosnia and Herzegovina thereby promoting safer, cleaner, and healthier cities and reducing urban GHG emissions. To enable this transformational shift, the Project facilitates implementation of technically and economically feasible low-carbon solutions in key urban sectors and promote their wider uptake by municipalities and private sector via dedicated financial mechanism established within the national environmental finance framework. The Project also accelerates the implementation of a policy and regulatory framework relevant for the concept of low-carbon urban development in BiH. To this end, the project facilitates investment in technically and economically feasible low-carbon solutions in key urban sectors, and then promote their wider uptake by municipalities and the private sector via dedicated financial mechanism and funding windows established within the environmental finance frameworks in BiH, as well as by accelerating implementation of a favorable policy and regulatory framework at the entity and national levels. The project facilitates the transformation of the market for low-carbon urban solutions by creating and expanding opportunities for businesses such as ESCOs and waste management companies to get involved in the provision of low-carbon services and products in cities. The Project has been financed by Global Environment Facility (GEF) and is directly implemented by UNDP Bosnia and Herzegovina Country Office. Under Component 4, UrbanLED Project cooperate with relevant public authorities at the entity/sub-national level and provide Technical Support to Design and adopt policies and legislative documents relevant to the concept of low-carbon urban development. The purpose of this consultancy is to provide support to the RS Ministry of Spatial Planning, Civil Engineering and Ecology for the development of the draft Law on Climate Change of Republika Srpska.Apply Now
Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe Consultant will provide support for detail Analysis of legal and institutional aspects relevant for the development of the draft Law on Climate Change of Republika Srpska. The findings of these analysis will be used as starting point for development of relevant legal provisions under the Law on Climate Change of Republika Srpska. The consultant will be responsible for the following:
- Provide support for an analysis of all relevant aspects of institutional and legislative frameworks within the sectors relevant for climate change (including mitigation and adaptation segments) which will be lead by CC Expert who will prepare the report;
- Based on the findings of the analysis, engaged national consultant will provide support for preparation of relevant legal provisions;
- Formulation of draft Law on Climate Change;
- Provide support to the organization of public hearings and public involvement during the process of development of the draft Law on Climate Change of Republika Srpska upon RS Government adoption
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly without favouritism;
- Fulfils all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication and diplomatic skills, ability to work in a team
- Openness to change and ability to receive/integrate feedback
- Ability to work under pressure and stressful situations
- Strong analytical, reporting and writing abilities
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills
Required Skills and ExperienceAcademic Qualifications/Education
- University degree in law; Bar exam and/or Attorney at Law would be considered as an asset.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in conducting research and providing consultancy services related to legal framework and policies preparation;
- Demonstrated understanding of institutional and policy context in climate change sector in Bosnia and Herzegovina and Republika Srpska;
- Experience working with multilateral organizations and the UN system preferred.
- Knowledge of local languages and English (excellent writing, editing and communication skills)
- * Technical Criteria weight-70%
- * Financial Criteria weight- 30%
- Explaining why they are the most suitable for the work
- Provide a brief methodology on how they will approach and conduct the work; or sample of previous document/strategy/paper done by the consultant
- For an assignment requiring travel, consultants of 65 years or more require full medical examination and statement of fitness to work to engage in the consultancy.
- Due to large number of potential applicants, only competitively selected candidates will be contacted for remaining steps of the service procurement process.