The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has been active and present in eastern Ukraine for the past decade, prior to the conflict, with a focus on community development, civil society development, and environmental protection. Work on addressing the specific conflict-related development challenges built on this earlier engagement, established partnerships, and started in 2015 through the United Nations Recovery and Peacebuilding Programme (UN RPP). The UN RPP is a multi-donor funded framework programme formulated and led by the UNDP in collaboration with the Government of Ukraine and in cooperation with a number of partnering UN agencies (UN Women, FAO, UNFPA). The RPP was designed to respond to, and mitigate, the causes and effects of the conflict in the east of Ukraine. It is an integral component of the UNDP Country Programme and is therefore fully aligned with the United Nations Partnership Framework (UNPF).
In October 2018, four UN agencies (UNDP, UN Women, FAO and the UNFPA) have countersigned a new joint project document, funded by the EU. The overall objective of the project is to restore effective governance, support economic recovery and promote reconciliation in the crisis-affected communities of Donetsk, Luhansk and Zaporizhzhya oblasts in Ukraine, thereby enhancing the credibility and legitimacy of local governments in the government-controlled areas of the regions. It will contribute to peacebuilding and prevent further escalation of the conflict in Ukraine through effective and accountable decentralization, gender-responsive recovery planning and equal access to services, as well as enhanced economic recovery and development.
Component III of RPP “Community Security and Social Cohesion” aims, among other, on strengthening community security and social cohesion through testing innovative legal aid, access to justice, conflict resolution and peacebuilding mechanisms at local level.
Since the proliferation of drug addiction and drug crime in Ukraine over the past ten years has become one of the major threats to community security, UNDP decided to support implementation of Regional Program on Prevention Offences, Combating Drug Addiction, Combating Drug Trafficking for 2019-2021 years, approved by order of the Head of Donetsk Regional State Administration on December 28, 2019. In particular, UNDP will support measures aimed at dissemination of counter-drugs information through media.
In this regard, UNDP is looking for national Consultant to create social video clip aimed at preventing drug use by youth.
2. Main Goals and Objectives
The main goal of this assignment is to disseminate counter-drugs information aimed at prevention of spread and use of drugs by youth. For the purposes of this assignment, boys and girls between the ages of 14 and 18 are considered youth.
The objective of this assignment is to produce a social video clip based on the idea and preliminary scenario provided by UNDP and to place and disseminate this video onpopular resources on the Internet and social networks.
Duties and Responsibilities
3. Scope of Work and Expected Outcomes
Scope of work:
1) Creation and agreeing with UNDP of detailed scenario and storyboard to produce a video based on basic scenario provided by UNDP.
2) Filming a video. Filming will be held at the location defined by the Consultant. The date, place and time of filming shall be agreed with UNDP. At the request of UNDP, the Consultant shall ensure that representative of UNDP and / or another person designated by UNDP is present during the filming. The Consultant is responsible for engaging the actors in the video. UNDP shall approve working version of the video clip.
3) Editing, color correction, sound correction, sound recording, video processing in Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects (or equivalent software), etc., to produce good quality video that can be broadcasted on television and / or online. The finished video must be approved by UNDP.
4) Dissemination of video through the Internet and social networks and its promotion . Each communication channel through which the video will be disseminated shall be pre-approved by UNDP.
Expected Outcomes :
Final result is creation of video clip with the following parameters and its dissemination through Internet (Donetsk regional online media) and social networks (including but not limited to Facebook, YouTube, Instagram ). Together with the video, Consultant shall transfer to UNDP all copyright and related rights, right of ownership to the video and all video materials related to preparation of the video.
• Duration - 0: 30-2: 00 min. (depending on the basic scenario to be provided by UNDP);
• Sound recording in Ukrainian, accompanied by subtitles (English and Ukrainian, subtitles shall be made in .srt format and built in video, but not overlap with video );
• Final product extension: .mov, .avi, .mkv, mp4 or equivalent;
• Video codec: H.264 (AVC), H.265 (HEVC), DivX, Xvid;
• Audio codec: MP3, AAC;
• Aspect Ratio: 16: 9;
- Video bitrate; 4.5 Mbit/s or higher;
- Resolution: 1080p (Full HD) 1920×1080 or higher;
- Video shall include partners’ logo (visibility requirements and logos will be provided by UNDP).
• At least 25,000 unique video views (10 seconds or more) on social media.Means of video promotion will be determined by Contractor in consultations with UNDP.
4. Requirements for Monitoring / Reporting
Consultant will work under overall guidance of the Community Security and Social Cohesion Specialist, who accept and approve above listed deliverables. Consultant is obliged to adhere to the monitoring, evaluation and quality control system implemented by UNDP and to provide the necessary information, reports and tools in accordance with the approved schedule or as soon as possible (within a reasonable time).
All reports shall be submitted to UNDP electronically (formats: * .docx, * .xlsx, * .pptx, * .pdf) with attachements (final product), and shall be accompanied by an official paper letter confirming that product was submitted to UNDP. Reports shall be written in Ukrainian. In addition, copies of video material after the end of filming phase and the final video clip shall be provided to UNDP
The following is a description of tranches for each deliverable, which will be paid upon receipt of the following deliverables:
Amount of tranche (%)
Date of submission
Creation and agreeing with UNDP of detailed scenario and storyboard. Submission of report
By the end of the 2nd week after the start of the assignment
Video clip filming, approval of working version of the video by UNDP, processing of the video and approval of final version by UNDP. Submission of interim report on work done.
Up to 8 week after the start of the assignment
Video clip dissemination and promotion (video dissemination for 25K views).Submission of final report, containing confirmed information about video clip dissemination
Up to 12 week after the start of the assignment
UNDP shall pay the negotiated contract fees for the services within 30 days after the services have been delivered and approved in parts according with the above payments schedule. The payments will be processed upon the full completion and acceptance of contractual obligations whereupon the UNDP representative signs the certification of acceptance.
- Ability to deliver outputs in a timely manner;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to work effectively, and as part of a team;
- Demonstrated strong analytical, coordination and facilitation skills;
- Ability to set priorities, meet specific objectives, use political judgment and knowledge;
- Good interpersonal skills, diligence, open mindedness, and dedication.
Required Skills and Experience
V. Experience and Qualification Requirements
i. Officially registered entrepreneur or legal entity in the GCA Ukraine;
ii. At least 3 years of experience in video production;
iii. Specialised education of team members, which must consist of at least a director, operator (s), sound engineer, editor (several experts can be combined in one person);
iv. At least 2 positive recommendations for participation in similar projects from previous employers/clients since 2017;
v. Availability of a portfolio (in hard copy or online);
vi. Availability of necessary equipment (a list of such equipment must be submitted to the competitive bid);
vii. Experience in making social videos will be an advantage.
Competitive bid should provide CV of each team member who is planned to be involved in the assignment, as well as a description of an approach to the work, including the preparation of a detailed plan and schedule of work:
1. The work plan should include description of each stage of the project, specific actions of each person involved in the project implementation, as well as additional information required from UNDP;
2. The time schedule for each type of work must be specified in the work schedule. Specific performance dates will be agreed with the winner of the competition.
Documents, which should be attached to competitive bid:
Registration documents (for individual entrepreneurs or legal entity), copy of the taxpayer registration certificate
Commercial proposal describing the approach to the works, including the preparation of a detailed plan and schedule of work
CV of each team member, who is planned to be involved in this assignment performance (including description of role and responsibilities of each person)
List of available equipment
Recommendation letters (at least 2)
VI. Evaluation criteria
X Lowest price and technical compliance of a proposal
The contract will be concluded with enterpreneur or legal entity, whose proposal has been evaluated and identified as:
appropriate / compatible / acceptable / fully meets the qualification criteria below:
- Officially registered entrepreneur or legal entity in the GCA Ukraine – Yes / No;
- At least 3 years’ experience in creation of video production – Yes/No;
- Specialised education of team members – Yes/No;
- At least 2 positive recommendations on participation in similar projects from previous clients - Yes/No;
- Availability of portfolio – Yes/No;
- Availability of needed equipment – Yes/No;
- Availability of experience in social video clip creation – Yes/No
Applicants' proposals must conform to the format below and provide detailed information on the following issues:
Experience in the field of video production:
Client’s name and address
Project cost (USD)
Brief description of the services provided
Proposed team members:
Empluyment status (permanent / temporary)
Name / Item Description
Applicants must submit their proposals in the format below (link below). All costs associated with provision of services should be included in the financial proposal (for example, costs for recruiting actors, renting premises, purchasing / leasing necessary requisites, etc.).
FOR ENTREPRENEURS or LEGAL ENTITIES who are obliged to pay VAT:
Considering that the purchase of services will be carried out within the framework of the international technical assistance project, bids / invoices for payment should be provided without VAT.
Link to UNDP documents templates: