UNDP is the development arm of the United Nations system, with offices in 180 countries. Globally, the organization employs 17,000 people and manages a budget of USD 5 billion each year. The UNDP office in Skopje employs a team of 65 and currently manages a portfolio of projects in Environmental Protection, good governance and social inclusion worth USD 15 million per year. UNDP is seeking a National consultant to assess the performance and results of the Health Services delivered within the frame of the integrated home-based (mobile) health and social protection services, piloted in two municipalities Kochani and Resen, through the Community Works Programme (CWP). Based on the existing practices of integrated care services in Kochani and Resen, and other community-based services provided in the country such as the patronage nurses and the rural doctor, the National consultant will assess the linkages to primary health and social services, including coverage and utilization of the existing community-based services at local level. The country’s decentralized system of local government aims to improve the quality, efficiency and inclusiveness of public services by bringing local governments closer to the people. However, many municipalities struggle to fulfil their responsibilities. The 2012 saw the introduction of an innovative programme challenging social exclusion on two fronts at once. The Community Works Programme (CWP) was designed to tackle social exclusion by offering unemployed people the opportunity to gain valuable working skills while providing the most needed services at local level. Building on that, in 2018, under the CWP an initiative of the Ministry of Health and Ministry of Labor and Social Policy for introduction of community and home-based health and social services in the municipalities Kochani and Resen was launched in order to strengthen the existing home-based service and to expand the services provided in the communities. Piloted in two municipalities, the service provides integrated community/home-based health and social protection services by teams, each consisted of nurses and social workers. Concerning primary health services, the WHO Country Office, North Macedonia supports the national health system with sound technical advice and expertise. The Office is the focal point for WHO activities in the country and its team is working in the areas of Health Systems strengthening and public health, Administration and logistics. Moreover, a four-year project funded by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation, to be implemented by UNDP, in one of the main objectives works to generate innovative policy and programming solutions to help Roma and persons with disabilities to access the labour market while delivering services for broader social inclusion. UNDP believe that services provided for the benefit of all the member of the community promote the welfare of the society in general. By drawing policy recommendations and/or guidance notes on the key principles on identification, designing, implementation and resource mobilization concerning services at local level, better conditions and results can be ensured for all in the country.Apply Now
Duties and ResponsibilitiesObjective of the Assignment The overall aim of this consultancy is to assess the performance of the integrated home-based (mobile) health and social protection services, including other available community-based services with focus on patronage nurses and the rural doctor and provide recommendations for better coverage and utilization of these services at local level. The Consultant is expected to review the current implementation, status and impact of the integrated community/home-based health and social protection services implemented in municipalities of Kochani and Resen, and by exploring and analysing other available community-based services define gaps, identify strengths and weakness of each of the services, possible overlapping areas and areas for improvements. Scope of Work The methodology of work will consist of desk review of available national documents, international literature, and WHO/UNDP guidance and direct consultations with the project team and other key local stakeholders involved during the assignment. The consultant should take the following elements into account for the gathering and Analysis of data:
- Desk review of relevant documents for this assignment
- Review of data and report on undertaken assessment of integrated community/home-based health and social protection services delivered in the municipalities of Kochani and Resen, by consultants engaged by UNDP on separate assignment
- Review of all the available data related to the integrated health and social service including: (a) piloted activities in municipalities of Kochani and Resen, (b) the patronage nurses’ system nationally, (c) rural doctor mobile clinics and (d) any other community-based mobile service available throughout the country.
- Excellent communications and facilitation skills;
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
Required Skills and ExperienceThe selected candidates shall possess:
- University degree in health or social sciences, where postgraduate degree in Public health shall be considered as an asset
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience and involvement in health services delivery including Primary Health Care (PHC) in North Macedonia
- Record of at least 2 undertaken researches in health and social welfare systems related to collection and analysing of data
- Record of at least 3 years of professional experience related to involvement in planning and management of health services, where experience of collaboration with international community, WHO or other international public health organization shall be considered as an asset
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills in Macedonian.
- BA = 5
- MA = 7
- PhD = 10
- up to 5 years = 10 points
- up to 5 years, including PHC =15 points
- above 5, including PHC = 20 points
- at least 2 assignments of interest - 15 points
- more than 2 assignments of interest - 20 points
- up to 3 years = 10 points
- up to 3 years, including collaboration with international organizations =15 points
- above 3, including collaboration with international organizations = 20 points
- How the overview on existing legislation, policies and practices will be performed?
- What techniques will be used for Mapping of integrated home-based (mobile) health and social protection services? (proposed composition of focus groups, interviews with officials at national and local level, etc.)
- How identified good practices will be presented? (through case studies, best cases, result -oriented presentation etc.)
- Offeror’s letter, as per the following form LINK
- Most updated CV with focus on required qualification as well as the contact details of at least three (3) professional references
- List of relevant assignment as per the section criteria
- Brief methodology and conceptual approach on how the assignment will be carried out including proposed composition of the focus groups
- Financial Proposal The financial proposal must be expressed in MKD in the form of all-inclusive daily fee.
- Failing to submit any of these documents may result in disqualification of the application.