Under the supervision of the Technical Director Nutrition, working closely with the Activity leads and technical officers, and OPM, the MSN coordinator shall:
Serve as the USAID MCHN Activity point person for the MSN and at department of Strategic Coordination and Implementation at the Office of the Prime Minster, the department responsible for the coordination of implementation of UNAPII at national and Local Government Levels. Support department of Strategic Coordination and Implementation at OPM towards coordination of MSN activities at national level. Liaise with OPM to support:
- Regular MSN coordination meetings
- Implementation of strategy for strengthening functionality of MSN in Kampala Capital City Authority (KCNCC) and the five divisions (DiNCCs) in accordance with the UNAP II SOP.
- Orientation of partners, sectors on the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for UNAP coordination Structures and Nutrition Governance using approved OPM SOPs and Nutrition Governance Manuals.
- Organization and formation of SUN Networks of CSOs institutions and Academia network as per OPM SOPs
- Organization of national and subnational level MSN events
- Build capacity of Sector Nutrition Coordination committees in adaptive leadership at national and subnational levels for improved MSN governance
Liaise with USAID IPs and other IPs to strengthen the local governments DNCC functionality. Liaise with USAID MCHN M&E department to support the use of data to analyse performance, facilitate learning, improve nutrition governance pillars at national and subnational levels based on the UNAPII MEAL framework indicators of the Nutrition Governance objective. Liaise with the USAID MCHN Knowledge Manager to:
- Establish and supervise the national and subnational level information sharing platform and documentation of the experiences and lessons learnt under the MSN Platform:
- Foster and support use of program experiences and lessons learnt for continuous quality improvement.
- Support the USAID IPs establish/strengthen regional level learning platforms and build capacity of DNCCs to manage the learning.
- Ensure sharing of state of evidence of SNCC, KCCA-NCC and KCCA DiNCC and best practices
A Master’s degree in Management studies, Post Graduate Diploma in Project Planning and Management (is an added advantage), with a BSC in Biological Sciences Preferably in Human Nutrition
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in coordination of complex and multi-sectors
- Proven knowledge and practical experience of working with the local government/district structures in Uganda.
- Knowledge of the decentralization and Local Government structures and operations
- Understanding of the UNAP, Implementation and coordination framework.
- Proven in Nutrition Governance, Policy and programming frameworks in Uganda
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish effective working relations with different stakeholders.
- Ability to interact with colleagues, vendors and customers/clients of all demographics and professional levels.
- Ability to multi-task and work unsupervised, managing extensive travels and logistical arrangements.
- Excellent English writing and communication skills, knowledge of basic office and bookkeeping software.
- Proven facilitation skills and ability to disseminate lessons learned effectively
- Ability to gain credibility with the OPM, and MSN Stakeholders
- Working conditions including Travel and Overtime.
- Ability to travel up to 60 % of the time
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.