The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT, is a not-for-profit research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries, focused on increasing Food Security and reducing poverty at an international scale. Please refer to our website for more information www.cimmyt.org We are seeking for a dynamic, and self-motivated professional with excellent organizational and people skills for the position of MSME Market System Development Specialist / Manager. This position will form part of and support the team managed by the IRS – Market and Value Chain Development Social Scientist. The position will support regionally based teams develop and implement agreements with micro, small, medium enterprises (MSME) in the light engineering sector that will develop the businesses of these companies and will link into agreements with nationally based lead firms. This position will also support teams developing and managing agreements with national level lead firms in the agricultural machinery sector. Specific duties:Apply Now
- Study current company business models and provide recommendations on how they could be improved.
- Study current supply chains to determine where components are currently made and where they are used.
- Study the manufacturing capacity of the companies in Bogura and Jashore to determine what capacity they have to supply companies with a capacity to assemble and marketing machines with machine components. Determine what capacities skills, infrastructure or equipment) need to be developed and link them, through agreements, with organizations that can supply those Capacity Building functions
- Develop agreements between companies wishing to partner with companies making parts and assembling machines and with support provided by CSISA-MEA
- Contract service providers to conduct workshops at which training is given to MSME in the development of new business ideas and concept.
- Contract service providers to conduct workshops at which MSME present their business ideas to national and international engineering agricultural machinery companies and Financial Services providers. These companies would then select the business ideas they consider would make interesting investment.
- Support the SME companies and the agricultural machinery companies and financial services enter into partnerships and develop agreements in which CSISA-MEA provides support for these investments and technical advice.
- Monitor the implementation of agreements between companies and CSISA-MEA to ensure all parties fulfil their obligation.
- Support companies expand their partnerships and provide when necessary further technical assistance
- Learn from the implementation of these agreements why partnerships were successful and why they were less successful. Present these learning experiences at workshops and in publications
- Contribute to semi-annual and annual reports and presentations to the donor and public and private sector partners
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in social sciences, preferably with a focus on gender studies, workforce development, behavioural change, social inclusion, and international development.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant professional experience working on gender/social inclusion issues, preferably in relation to Agriculture, rural development, industry liaison, manufacturing extension
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Experience with qualitative and/or quantitative approaches to social science research.
- Strong analytical skills and experience in conducting literature reviews.
- Experience with project management, including administrative responsibilities is an asset.
- Systematic, well-organized, dependable and with high degree of initiative and sense of responsibility.