The Investment Operations Department is responsible for generating a portfolio of high quality, creditworthy, and environmentally and socially sound projects that result in significant developmental impact. The business cycle goes from the identification, selection, origination, structuring and execution of transactions to their monitoring. The Department follows a matrix model, with three segment divisions covering Infrastructure and Energy, Financial Institutions and Corporates, and three transversal divisions covering Financial Products and Services, Advisory Services and Portfolio Management. The team The Advisory Services Division works closely with the Department’s segment divisions to prepare impactful projects, mainstreaming sustainability considerations, supporting champions in specific sectors through knowledge products and outreach activities and influencing the market through publications, conferences and other activities. These products include climate change, gender, diversity and inclusion, public-private partnerships, and sustainability and MSMEs. The selected candidate will work under the supervision of the Head of the Sustainability and MSMEs team. What you will do You will support the implementation of IDB Invest MSME Action Plan with a focus on:Apply Now
- Increasing access to financial and non-financial products and services to MSMEs through financial institutions, corporates and other key players;
- Foster growth, sustainable practices and integration of MSMEs in the region into value chains;
- Promote innovation and knowledge that facilitate MSMEs Access to Finance and competitive market integration.
- Support the design and implementation of an advisory services offering to IDB Invest clients in line with the MSME Action Plan and the MSME and Sustainability Advisory Services strategic roadmap;
- Support the development of an updated MSME action plan that reflects the current context in the region and responds to emerging trends;
- Support the proactive monitoring of the MSME institutional target, and relevant reporting and communication to internal and external stakeholders on this target;
- Support the development of key partnerships and resource mobilization efforts to implement the MSME related advisory services offer.
- In collaboration with investment officers across segments, originate and coordinate the execution of MSME related advisory service projects in areas such as:
- Support financial institutions and other specialized financial service providers to develop and expand their MSME finance strategy, develop of new products, services and channels; intelligent MSME segmentation;
- Promote digital inclusion and the adoption and scale up of new technologies such as fintech to reduce market failures and barriers to serve MSMEs;
- Foster MSME integration in manufacturing, tourism and agribusiness value chains and promote financing opportunities and capacity building for MSME farmers and other suppliers;
- Promote supply Chain Finance schemes to increase working capital financing for MSMEs and foster MSMEs’ sustainable practices.
- In collaboration with other advisory services areas, support the development of integrated service offerings addressing cross-cutting and pressing challenges of IDB Invest clients and its MSME clients or suppliers - such as digital transformation, gender and diversity, and climate change.
- Support the Team’s effort to position IDB Invest as a knowledge broker of global and regional good practices and innovation on MSMEs inclusion, and access to finance and non-financial products and services. Benchmark advisory services provided by other relevant institutions, sharing market intelligence across segments and within the IDBG as relevant;
- Draw and share insights from advisory services project’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities for scale or replication, and relevant risks.