- Develop, manage and lead the implementation of a rigorous learning, monitoring and evaluation framework, including selecting adequate indicators and establishing adequate baselines and targets that are consistent with the programme’s objectives;
- Provide technical guidance on Results Based Management (RMB) and Learning, Monitoring and Evaluation (LME) to all project teams, including conducting practical training as required;
- Develop, update and ensure the effective use of LME-related guideline documents;
- Technically contribute to the development of and implementation of the M&E sections and results framework of the Spotlight Regional Programme Steam I component;
- Act as the main Task Manager for internal/external assessments and evaluations of Spotlight Regional Programme, including management of evaluators and overall coordination.
- Lead the development of quality learning, monitoring and evaluation plans based on RBM principles that are in line with and consistent with the overall objectives of the Spotlight Regional Porgramme;
- Collect and report quarterly and year-end results data and measure progress towards the targets established by Spotlight Regional Porgramme Stream I;
- Technically contribute to the production of the annual narrative reports of for Spotlight Regional Porgramme Stream I component;
- Periodically review the performance of indicators and make adjustments as needed;
- Provide regular, rigorous Analysis and updates to the Spotlight Regional Porgramme Stream I management team on progress towards the objectives set by programme and the specific challenges faced;
- Organize mid-term and end-term programme meetings to review implementation, document lessons learnt and share experiences;
- Generate critical lessons learned, impact achieved and good practices from the programme and ensure their wider circulation in close collaboration with relevant team members;
- Conduct monitoring missions as required.
- Finalize donor and programme reports (both narrative and financial);
- Ensure use of relevant evaluation findings, conclusions and recommendations are incorporated into programme reporting;
- Review progress reports submitted by partners and provide feedback to improve quality and timeliness of reporting;
- Ensure the availability (including collecting and maintaining) of data for regional and global corporate reports, mid-term reviews, and final evaluations.
- Identify and disseminate good practices, lessons and knowledge; as identified through programme implementation, monitoring and evaluation activities;
- Develop Capacity Development tools, including training materials and packages;
- Manage capacity building opportunities of programme team and partners in the region in the areas of Results Based Management (RBM), Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E);
- Provide technical contributions to the development of training and guidance on results-based reporting and use of the Results Management System;
- Organize meetings, workshops and other discussion fora to establish a dialogue on evaluation results and the evaluative knowledge management.
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
- Strong knowledge of programme formulation and implementation and Results Based Management;
- Excellent knowledge of monitoring and evaluation, evaluation design, data collection and analysis, and reporting;
- Ability to synthesize programme performance data and produce analytical reports;
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills;
- Good knowledge of UN programme Management Systems.
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Political or Social Science, Economics, International Development Studies, Gender/Women's Studies is required;
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree;
- A project/programme management certification (such as PMP®, PRINCE2®, or MSP®) would be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience at the national, regional or international level in monitoring and reporting of development projects/ programmes;
- Experience in the United Nations systems in an asset;
- Field experience is an asset.
- Fluency in English and French is required;
- Knowledge of another UN language is an asset.
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.