FHI 360 is a non-profit Human Development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, Economic Development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Monitoring, Evaluation Specialist Description: The M&E Specialist will oversee the monitoring, evaluation and learning components of a potential USAID project in Afghanistan focused on building on current investments made by USAID Afghanistan in higher education and post-secondary level vocational training opportunities to equip them with the knowledge and skills needed to meaningfully contribute to the workforce. The project is expected to introduce opportunities for market driven degree programs, development of leadership and soft skills among students and faculty, and to support public universities with organizational development and policy reform. The M&E Specialist leads the development of and manages the MEL Plan. The M&E Specialist develops and maintains systems to collect data and leads Analysis to produce information on inputs, outputs, outcomes and impact of the program. S/he collaborates with and oversees sub-grantees to provide feedback on Data Collection and indicators; analyses data reported from sub-grantees and supports training of M&E personnel in quality assurance methods. S/he collaborates with the program team to Design operations research (OR) to support learning, evaluation and planning, and oversees the implementation of OR projects as well as analysis, dissemination, and use. She/he shares MEL data and improvement plans, as well as strategies for program improvements for greater program effects with program team. The position will be based in Kabul, Afghanistan and will report to the Chief of Party. Job Summary/ResponsibilitiesApply Now
- Designs and oversees the monitoring, evaluation and learning activities of the project and liaises and coordinates with third party evaluation teams.
- Leads the design, development, planning, and implementation of assessments and project evaluation activities. This includes development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, papers, and intervention linked research.
- Develop strategies and tools for the design and implementation of monitoring of specific technical components.
- Work closely with the heads of projects to co-design monitoring tools, selecting indicators, and determining field monitoring responsibilities. Works to ensure tool compatibility and Coordination within the M&E framework, and consistency with national and donor requirements
- Responsible for providing technical assistance, developing and setting up systems for the timely collection, management, analysis, and reporting of valid and reliable data that meet donor reporting requirements
- Focus on strengthening the M&E system, building capacity of partners and staff, and improving alignment and support to host-country M&E systems
- Develop and lead the implementation of a robust learning agenda for Continuous Learning, collaboration and adaptation
- Undertake periodic reviews of program and/or country M&E systems and participate in planning M&E system strengthening actions. Provide guidance on information systems for quality assurance, as well as best practices documentation and reporting
- Oversee the publication and dissemination of information on successful and promising approaches, lessons learned and other program results to program partners, donors, Government of the Republic of Afghanistan counterparts and other key stakeholders
- Master’s degree or its International Equivalent required in monitoring and evaluation, education, demography, social science, economics, or relevant discipline. Significant study in the higher education field, international development and/or complexity aware program monitoring and evaluation.
- At least 10 years of experience related to monitoring, evaluating and reporting on Afghanistan programs related to higher education, workforce development or education.
- Experience in design and implementation of M&E systems for USG-funded projects, preferably in Afghanistan
- Strong background or formal training in evaluating international development programs such as but not limited to Basic Education, higher education or workforce development.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and ability to articulate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated expertise in rigorous quantitative and qualitative research and analytical methods
- Excellent report writing, analytical, and communication skills, including oral presentation skills
- Demonstrated statistical analysis skills and use of relevant software (SAS, SPSS, Epi Info, Atlas)
- Fluency in Dari and Pashto required, and fluency in English preferred.