Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. We go the last mile: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. With a team of 4,600 national staff 400 international staff, ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 14 million beneficiaries.Apply Now
ACTED HQIn ACTED HQ in Paris, some 80 people are dedicated to provide Operational Support to the projects implemented in our coutries of intervention.
You will be in charge of1.Support effective implementation of ACTED M&E systems at country level
- Follow up and support the implementation of the M&E processes and procedures as described in the ACTED M&E standard guidelines for a portfolio of countries;
- Collect, respond to, and file Monthly Country M&E Manager Reports (“AME TITANIC”) for a portfolio of countries;
- Provide support to the M&E country teams on appropriate Data Collection and Analysis instruments, methodologies, data/Information Dissemination/utilization plans, and M&E ToRs development;
- Follow up the development and regular updating of the country consolidated M&E work plan and M&E frameworks for all ongoing projects;
- Collect and conduct a final review of key project M&E frameworks, to ensure indicators are reported on for all projects in a timely manner;
- Throughout project duration, follow-up on the continuous update of key project-specific M&E frameworks;
- As relevant and in close Coordination with the CD, TCs and country M&E teams, support the development of the ToRs and mission plans for rapid needs assessments, and approve the first assessment report;
- Provide support to M&E and Accountability teams for the establishment, implementation and monitoring of the beneficiary Complaints and Response Mechanism (CRM) for the country missions in line with ACTED standard beneficiary CRM procedures;
- Follow-up on the effective functioning of the beneficiary CRM and check that beneficiary complaints/feedback is adequately captured, analyzed, addressed and responded to in a timely manner and utilized by the programme and coordination teams;
- Collect, consolidate, analyze and file Monthly Country CRM Reports and databases;
- Build capacity and understanding among ACTED staff on beneficiary accountability and CRM.
- Encourage the organization of field-level learning events to capture best practices and lessons learnt when a project closes / as relevant;
- Collect, verify and file Country Learning Databases from ACTED field missions every 3 months;
- Identify AME-related hot issues from country portfolio and alert the HQ M&E Manager in a timely manner;
- Contribute to the recruitment and internal mobility of international M&E staff with HQ HR Recruitment Unit, and in close coordination with the HQ and Country M&E Managers;
- Identify field M&E teams’ training needs and channels these to the HQ M&E Manager;
- As assigned by the HQ M&E Manager, analyze M&E data on specific thematic and produce useful statistical analysis and presentation (charts, tables, histograms, box plots, maps) and come up with recommendations as relevant;
- As assigned by the HQ M&E Manager, develop new and/or innovative M&E tools and practices, and follow-up on their implementation.
- In coordination with the HQ M&E Manager, develop and maintain an HQ-level system for tracking and reporting on ACTED’s global programme indicators.
- Develop a global system to ensure that the knowledge gained is made available to ACTED Programmes and project implementation teams to contribute to the improvement of projects and influence the development of future projects and activities throughout ACTED countries.
- In close coordination with the HQ M&E Manager, develop and maintain a global CRM follow-up database at HQ-level for follow-up and statistical analysis; and formulate recommendations for improvement to M&E field teams;
- Contribute to conduct ACTED’s Departure Training’s M&E session, and the individual briefing of newly recruited / promoted staff to ensure they understand and are able to perform their roles and responsibilities;
- Support project implementation follow-up and improvement by collecting and channeling timely information around project successes and challenges from M&E country teams to HQ GMU and Programme Unit
- Channel key M&E findings and recommendations to HQ M&E Manager and the GMU as relevant and in a timely manner to ensure they are reflected in upcoming concept notes, proposals, implementation plans, amendment requests, and reports;
- Follow-up and encourage the proactive dissemination and use of knowledge gained through M&E activities among project implementation and Project Development teams;
- As assigned by the HQ M&E Manager, participate in M&E-related conferences and workshops when possible and stay up to date of best practices and new knowledge created in the field of M&E;
- Contribute to maintain an up-to-date e-mail and Skype list of M&E staff;
- Perform any other related activities as assigned by line manager.
Expected skills and qualifications
- Master degree, preferably in a development/humanitarian related field
- At least 1-2 years of professional experience in humanitarian and/or development organisations
- Experience with participatory appraisals and project cycle management encouraged
- Good organizational and communication skills with international and national staff
- Flexibility and adaptability are essential, as well as the ability to plan, take initiative and work independently and under pressure
- Excellent communication and drafting skills in English & French
- Familiarity with basic office software programs