DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, Agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and Climate Change. Clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and host-country governments. Background: DAI seeks a Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Advisor for a five-year, $24 million dollar USAID-funded agriculture program. The Feed the Future Uganda Inclusive Agricultural Markets Activity (FtF IAM) works with agro-industry/agribusiness firms, Government of Uganda institutions and agencies, and market actor organizations on creating efficiencies in cross-market functions that enhance systemic changes to sustainably increase incomes and improve the livelihoods of households through agriculture-led inclusive economic growth. The Activity contributes to the Global Food Security Strategy (GFSS) Uganda Country Plan goal of reducing hunger, malnutrition, and poverty, as well as the USAID/Uganda Country Development Cooperation Strategy’s (CDCS) 2016-2021 five-year goal of strengthening Uganda’s systems to accelerate inclusive education, health, and economic outcomes. The Activity works throughout the FtF Uganda Zone of Influence (ZOI), which covers 38 districts spread across four regions of Uganda. Responsibilities: The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Advisor will provide overall strategic leadership for monitoring, evaluation and learning components for IAM. The MEL Advisor will be responsible for research, information, and knowledge management for the Activity. The MEL Advisor will also be responsible for developing and implementing a clear plan for collaboration and developing a strategy for sharing learning and adaption. The Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Advisor will be responsible for the following:Apply Now
- Develop monitoring and learning tools.
- Lead evaluation/assessments and reporting.
- Develop the annual monitoring, evaluation and learning plan, including appropriate indicators, baseline data, and results.
- Support and advise MEL team on Activity-wide monitoring and evaluation (M&E) efforts, ensuring quality and consistency.
- Oversee the MEL team, including the Learning Advisor, and M&E Specialist.
- Assist in the identification, Analysis, and synthesis of lessons learned in Coordination with the Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, and Market Systems Advisor, as well as other technical staff.