The M&E officer will be responsible for the supervision and implementation of all monitoring and evaluation activities, in accordance with the technical direction of the Program. The M&E officer will be responsible for activities related to the collection, processing, verification and reporting of information on the implementation of Program activities. It will support the processes of data collection and processing, feeding of information systems, preparation of reports, and monitoring of activities and indicators. Additionally, it will support the Program team in obtaining information for the design and monitoring of programmed activities and products and the preparation of reports. It will monitor the development of information systems for teacher demand, class time, the dashboards for the annual school success report, the website for the forum of learning opportunities and their financing, and in the process automatic enrollment. In addition, it will support for MINEDUC to implement the information systems and the proposals developed within the framework of the program. Additionally, it will support in the activities that derive from the support that the Program will provide to MINEDUC to have dashboards for the analysis of epidemiological information related to COVID-19 and its crossing with educational information.
- Lead the implementation of the program's monitoring and evaluation plan, including the planning and implementation of data collection and analysis activities.
- Contribute directly to the development and implementation of M&E instruments and systems, with the goal of improving the ability to collect, manage, interpret, and aggregate data that tracks tangible and measurable progress toward program outputs and results.
- Provide technical support and training to local implementers on information systems and on information gathering requirements for program monitoring and evaluation.
- Ensure that the data collected (in digital or paper format) is processed properly and on time.
- Support data analysis, provide timely feedback regarding program goals, and address programming gaps for all program components.
- Provide technical assistance for the information processing of the program components in the processes that are developed, such as the diagnostic test of teachers' knowledge and the distribution of materials.
- Work closely with the technical team to promote the use of M&E reports and products.
- Take the lead in preparing reports and support the Team Leader in periodically communicating the progress of the program to the donor, MINEDUC, the external evaluator and other institutions involved.
- Prepare, at the request of the team of all the components of the program, queries and data analysis in the MINEDUC information systems, in order to provide the team with relevant information for the execution of the activities.
- Support the institutional strengthening specialist in monitoring the implementation of products related to teacher recruitment and selection, job catalog, payroll audit and the implementation of information systems.
- Supervise the development of the information systems that develop the program.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
• Experience in coordinating and supervising data collection teams
• Excellent handling of Excel, SPSS or STATA.
• Management of business intelligence systems, such as Business Objects
• Experience with instrument programming at ODK.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Experience in the design of information systems
- Has no supervisory responsibility.
- Receives methods and procedures on new projects and assignments.
- May provide guidance to other lower level personnel.
- Typically reports to an Associate Director or Director.
- University studies of at least four (4) years in development, statistics, economics, public policy, or another similar field.
- Typically requires 5-8 years of managing data collection and technical assistance experience.
- Minimum experience of (2) years in the development and implementation of Monitoring and Evaluation plans for development projects; Experience with MCC's M&E plans is a plus
- Minimum experience of three (3) years with database processing, administration and feeding.
- Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent Spanish.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other hand held devices.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.