WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. ABOUT WFP The united nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive) WFP is implementing Nutrition and Climate Smart Agriculture programs in Dodoma and Singida regions under its Country Strategic Plan which ends in June 2021. Operating under close supervision of Programme Associate, the Monitoring Assistant will have the following responsibilities:Apply Now
- Monitor implementation of agriculture activities ensuring timely delivery (including observation of partner performance); prepare process monitoring reports and status of action items; escalate issues and participate in resolving issues.
- Monitor other program activities as need to meet minimum monitoring requirements, improve linkages with other activities, or provide a new perspective
- Work closely with NGOs, CSOs, village and ward leaders, religious and community leaders to get required support for Project Implementation.
- Monitor the progress of agreed actions on gender integration in all projects and provide feedback to project partners including farmers
- Monitor implementation and performance of demo plots to ensure practical adoption of new knowledge by farmers.
- Support the supervisor in compiling inputs for semi-monthly reports.
- Compile and analyze information from the farmers database in collaboration with CO M&E unit
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Collection of programme output and outcome data.
- General knowledge of monitoring systems and standards.
- Use of data or statistical software such as Excel or SPSS with strong attention to detail and accuracy