In Zahle, MSF France runs a specialized Pediatrics Programme, offering Emergency consultations, pediatric intensive care and thalassemia care services.
MSF France provides comprehensive pediatric care (inpatient ) to vulnerable populations in collaboration and partnership with the MoPH (in Elias Haroui Governmental Hospital).
At the hospital level, activities are an integral part of Elias Hraoui Governmental Hospital, a large hospital with extensive, immediately available support services. MSF service has a capacity of 28 beds. Specialized Medical Care is provided to critically and non-critically ill children in need of hospitalization in two different areas: general pediatric service and critical care: Pediatric intensive and intermediate care: 4 PICU beds, Pediatric general care: 18 beds and Thalassemia day care program: 6 beds
Defining, coordinating and monitoring the medical activities under his/her responsibility according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure the delivery of quality medical care for patients and their communities as well as to improve the health condition of the target population
- Coordinating, assessing and supervising the proper functioning of the medical activities (IPD, ER, PICU), according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures and through the correct compilation and Analysis of medical data regarding patients’ health conditions.
- Participating in the definition of annual planning and budget for the project and in the follow up of the programs / project. Supervising and ensuring that medical activities objectives under his/her responsibility are achieved, reporting to the technical referent any problem arising in the service
- Checking all administrative procedures related to patients’ follow-up (individual card filling, registers, paper exit, discharge, transfers ...) are carried out correctly and according to MSF procedures.
- Ensuring an efficient pharmacy management and monitoring the rational use of them. In Coordination with the project biomedical service supervising the appropriate use of medical devices and anticipating future needs. Preparing the medical orders needed to implement the medical activities under his/her responsibility, and identifying and reporting to the line manager, non-medical support needs (material, infrastructure, transport, etc.)
- Coordinating and monitoring the daily working plan of the team under his/her responsibility (absent personnel, vacations, tracking leaves ...). Participation in shifts and replaces a doctor, if necessary
- Planning and supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and Internal Communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to improve staff capabilities and to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Participating in the monthly reports according to guidelines (i.e. SitReps, medical statistical reports, etc.).**
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
· Guarantee high quality patient centered care.
· Led and organize the rapid response team.
· Participate in developing and reviewing PICU policies, protocols, guidelines and procedures.
· Promote implementation of PICU policies, protocols, guidelines and procedures.
· Help coordinate staff education and teach evidence-based critical care to all care providers.
· Maintain a database that describes unit experience and performance.
- Collaborate with medical referent and other managers to guarantee a good management of the service. Participate to coordinate medical research if required.**
Qualifications: Medical doctor degree. Required specialization in Pediatrics. Desirable specialization in ER or PICU.
· Essential 2 year working experience related to the diploma/degree and previous experience in MSF in the field
· Team management experience desirable
· Ability to work in a developed context.
Languages: English is essential. Arabic an asset
Competencies: Strategic Vision L2. Leadership L2. People Management and Development L3. Service Orientation L3. Teamwork and Cooperation L4
Terms of employment:
Reports to: Reports to (Hierarchical): Hospital Director
Reports to (Functional): Coordinator" id="link" class="link">Medical Coordinator
Location: Zahle, Lebanon
Department: OCP Operations Department
Duration: minimum 6-9 months
Starting date: As soon as possible
This job description is subject to change depending on activities of the Mission.