Media Consultant, USAID/Bureau for Security" id="link" class="link">Food Security, Communications & Outreach Support for Resilience and Food Security Project, Washington, D.C. with Potential for Remote Work Proposal Summary: Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is pursuing the Communications and Outreach Support for Resilience and Food Security, an anticipated five-year project for USAID's Bureau for Resilience and Food Security. Under this $5-10 million project, we will provide a wide range of support related to public affairs, events and creative development on an as-needed basis, with the possibility for surge support due to worldwide crises. The core support activities are communications and outreach strategy; writing and editing; events and outreach; content services; and Media Relations and engagement. The project will be based in Washington, D.C. with the potential for work in other countries. Position Summary: We are seeking a consultant to provide support on media, press and engagement activities. This person would be responsible for regularly tracking and engaging media on behalf of the Bureau for Resilience and Food Security . This person will work part-time with potential for surge support as required. This position is contingent upon award and USAID approval. Responsibilities:Apply Now
- Develop and maintain targeted press lists.
- Cultivate relationships with and pitch to reporters, writers and podcasters covering topics relevant to the Bureau for Resilience and Food Security.
- Plan and execute media roundtables for the Bureau for Resilience and Food Security principals.
- Provide training and preparation for senior officials before a media engagement.
- At least 5 years of experience related to Public Relations, media engagement or communications in the international development context.
- A bachelor's degree in communications, Media Management, International Relations or a related field of study.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating media engagement.
- Strong customer/client relationship skills.
- Experience managing staff.
- Fluency in written and oral English required.