You'll contribute to ending world hunger by ...Apply Now
- Manage and lead strategically the MEAL Department staff, ensuring accurate and timely collection of data, data Analysis and data utilization for learning, to enable evidence-based decisions and actions, to adjust Program Implementation.
- Ensure that the MEAL systems are in compliance with Action Against Hunger’ global and regional policies, procedures, standards and strategic initiatives.
- Take a lead role in ensuring that the MEAL systems and data are used creatively and appropriately to report project progress and outcome, and learning to stakeholders.
- Plan, coordinate and provide guidance to the MEAL activities undertaken by all the departments of the mission.
- Provide strategic and methodological guidance to the Assessment process, ensuring the MEAL Department actively contribute to the identification of potential areas of intervention.
- Ensure Monitoring and Evaluation findings are appropriately documented, disseminated and acted upon, and capitalize the lessons learnt.
- Lead and supervise Action Against Hunger Syria accountability framework and enlarged feedback mechanisms; ensure appropriate communication with communities’ approaches, and participation / engagement of Local Communities.
- Reinforce the MEAL capacities of Action Against Hunger partners and transfer knowledge to diverse audience, through formal and informal methods (mentoring, joint development of MEAL tools and methods, regular meetings, learning workshops, trainings, etc.).
- Make sure that protection, do no harm, conflict sensitivity and gender-related considerations inform the overall MEAL system and the development and monitoring of an accountability framework and deliver training to the MEAL Department as necessary on these concepts.
- Work closely with the Advocacy and Communication department, ensuring evidence and materials (success stores, testimonies, witness account of the conflict, pictures…) are regularly and appropriately collected, analyzed and disseminated to support Action Against Hunger Advocacy & Communication strategies.
- Work very closely with the other departments (especially program, technical, advocacy and IM) and maintain a strong collaborative spirit and communication.
Key activities in your role will include
- Lead the MEAL Department and the MEAL Strategy at Mission Level
- Manage the MEAL Department
- Strengthen the MEAL Capacity of the mission and of Action Against Hunger partners in Syria
- Coordinate and lead the MEAL systems set-up and implementation for all projects / programs in Syria
- Oversee the Needs Assessment process
- Accountability and engagement of affected communities
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
- Post-graduate degree from a recognized university in a relevant discipline such as Operations Research, Development / Humanitarian Studies, quantitative analysis, monitoring and evaluation, statistics, etc.
- Extensive experience on project cycle management, research, data gathering and management, quantitative/qualitative analysis and English reporting.
- Experience on humanitarian needs assessments is a must.
- Gender / protection mainstreaming related experience.
- At least 3 years of experience within humanitarian organisations, in project cycle management and in M&E positions or tasks with management responsibilities.
- Demonstrable capacities in Design and implementation of MEAL systems.
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative Data Collection approaches and tools.
- Capacity to facilitate work with community-level actors in planning, design, implementation of MEAL.
- Demonstrable track record in effective team membership and communications at a management level.
- Ability to conceptualize, perform and direct team research and writing of technical documents.
- Demonstrated MEAL field experience and competencies in collecting, manipulating, synthesizing, analyzing and presenting data to a variety to audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring, and other formal and non-formal methods.
- Experience in developing and monitoring accountability systems.
- Excellent communication skills in English both oral and written.
- Able to work under Windows OS.
- Proficiency on the basic office tools (at least Word and Excel).
- Knowledge on databases and mobile data collection systems (ODK, Kobo).
- Knowledge of visualization tools (such as PowerBi).
Our remuneration package:We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Formal work contract: 12 months
- Base: Damascus
- Excellent remuneration package
- Guest House or similar accommodation covered by the organization
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- Expat Health, repatriation, travel and life insurance covered by the organization
- Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action against Hunger -Spain).
- Break: additional rest period, including travel cost to a reference area and economic help of 215€.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.