The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Coordinator will lead the implementation of Save the Children's MEAL activities in the field on the Apolou Activity, on which Save the Children is a sub-awardee to Mercy Corps. The Meal Coordinator will be responsible for designing routine monitoring forms, overseeing Data Collection, compiling and aggregating data, maintaining databases, generating descriptive statistics, and providing support to surveys and evaluation as well as learning and accountability system for Save the Children's technical interventions and impact on the Apolou Activity. The MEAL Coordinator will also provide technical lead on monthly, quarterly and annual reporting for Apolou. In addition, the job holder ensures that quality bench marks are used during implementation of Apolou activities and puts in place a tailor made documentation strategy for impact stories, reports, and best practices and makes sure that lessons learned feed into the Apolou planning processes. He/she expected to with Mercy Corps (MC) Apolou MEAL team, maintaining and enhancing Save the Children and MC partnership. The job holder may be called upon as and when necessary to support the Emergency teams outside the project location. EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS Essential:Apply Now
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Bio Statistics, Public Health, Sociology with a bias in health system or Development Studies with Post Graduate training in M&E or Project planning and Management
- Minimum of three years working experience in monitoring and evaluation working experience (preferably in education/protection related programmes with an International NGO).
- Experience collecting data through quantitative household surveys (ideally in Karamoja)
- Experience interviewing community members and leaders and/or facilitating focus group discussions (especially with youth)
- Understanding of the basic standards to ensure Data Quality
- Knowledge of data Analysis principles and software (ideally SPSS, STATA, R, Arcgis, NVivo, and/or ATLAS.ti)
- Familiarity with mobile data collection platforms (like Kobo Collect, Epi Info, IForm builder, etc).
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation techniques to assess the quality and effectiveness of program strategies for program learning
- Previous experience with WASH, adolescent, and/or behavior change programming preferred
- Excellent communication and report writing skilll
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality Basic Education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated