Syria Monday, 30 September 2019 Secours Islamique France Damascus SECOURS ISLAMIQUE FRANCE (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intents to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender. Mission context: In 2018, the war in Syria is entering into its eighth year. Until now this war made more than 350 000 deaths and millions of refugees and Intern Displaced Persons (IDPs). More than half of the population – an estimated 11.6 million people, has been displaced: respectively 6.1 million of IDPs and 5.5 million of refugees. 3 million of IDPs actually live in extreme and difficult conditions in near-inaccessible areas or in besieged cities. Conflicts, political crises and the battle line’s extreme mobility due to the increase of the aerial bombardments, the tiny terrorist and non-state-armed groups feed a systematic insecurity that critically weakens the country since years now. As a result, the Humanitarian Assistance access is extremely rude. Millions of Syrians do not dispose potable and health water access and do neither dispose access to a decent shelter. In 2017 the child deaths had increase over 50% more than the previous year. This could be partially explain by the multiplication of explosive weapons utilization and the increased of attacks in densely populated areas. With a presence since 2008 in Syria, Secours Islamique France (SIF) is working to bring equitable access to the basic services to the affected populations in Damascus, rural Damascus, Daraa, Homs, Quneitra, Hama and Aleppo.SIF is working with several donors as UNHCR, UNICEF and OCHA aimed to pursue common for the benefit of the displaced and affected people. SIF in Syria focuses on : Shelter Rehabilitation, Education, and Protection programs. SECOURS ISLAMIQUE FRANCE is recruiting a Logistics Coordinator (H/F) based in Damascus. Based in Damascus, the Logistic Coordinator is an expert in logistic and is supervising several logisticians on various bases. Mission/ Role:Apply Now
- To contribute to the elaboration of the mission’s operational strategy: context Analysis and its evolution, elaboration of problem trees and proposed solutions, needs assessments analysis, proposal of new actions, budgeting and HR dimensioning.
- To define the procurement plan of the mission and ensure its implementation
- To supervise shipments and deliveries of materials
- To ensure a smooth management and follow-up of the mission’s stock.
- To supervise the vehicles planning and renewal.
- To manage the logistic staff : briefing, planning, follow-up, management, performance interview, technical capacity buildings, etc.
- To implement the security policy in cooperation with the Head of Mission, to look after the security rules respect.
- To represent SIF as part of the activities to operational partners and to local or regional authorities (ex : log activities, VF/VHF registration, etc.)
- To elaborate monthly logistical reports
PROFILEYou have minimum 5 years of previous experience in humanitarian work in Logistics, including previous experiences in similar context. You have a substantial experience of strategic thinking, including identifying, analyzing, Problem Solving and responding to opportunities and challenges and the ability to translate these into practical plans of action. You have the ability to understand the cultural and political environment and to work well with partners including local authorities. You have strong leadership skills and a supportive management style (experience managing national and expatriate staff). You have strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English (and desirably French and/or Arabic) An understanding of and commitment to SIF’s mission and values is necessary. Working conditions:**
- Starting date : As soon as possible
- French fixed term contract
- Remuneration according to profile
- Monthly perdiem
- Social and medical cover (SIF contributes to 60% of the insurance)