WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. ABOUT WFP The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT At this level, job holders demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries with only general guidance for all assistance modalities for both WFP and logistics common services. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis. Job holders typically manage a small team, supervising and coaching staff. JOB PURPOSE To provide specialized support functions and/or supervise staff performing standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)Apply Now
- Prepare Supply Chain (SC) matrixes for and do regular SC Matrix Revisions for all the Activities with food modality
- Check if the correct SC rates are applied for programmed contributions for each of the Activities with food modality
- Review costs following new tender outcomes, change of supply routes, commodity type etc.
- Manage utilization of SC budgets by preparing monthly SC Funds analysis reports
- Ensure all obligations are committed and the available funds are sufficient for uncommitted activities
- Ensure timely provision of SC Fund Reservations to spending section and corridors for effective management of SC funds
- Monitor payments to ensure they are being charged to appropriate budget line and codes
- Checking and ensuring that Supply Chain service providers’ invoices processed by Logistics Assistants/Business Support Assistants are correct and in accordance with the established procedures before submission to Finance for payment.
- Overall supervision of Supply Chain Funds Management and Utilisation Section.
- Negotiate with customers on the budgets and ensure preparation of the Pro-forma Invoices, Final Invoices and Financial Reports for the Service Provision Clients.
- Monitor Service Level Agreements (SLAs) validity regularly and ensure extensions are done on time and production of SLAs quarterly financial reporting in a timely manner.
- Reconciliation of Supply Chain Special Accounts
- Participate in the CP budget negotiations and reviews, and Financial Reports verifications at the end of the FLA agreements
- Experience using corporate systems to monitor ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock.
- Experience analysing data (on commodities, funds, etc.) and drafting reports.
- Experience in measuring service providers’ performance against set KPIs.
- Experience in assisting the preparation of contract documentation.
- Experience in providing technical business support in corporate systems.