Desired start date: From 15/07/2020 (might be postponed according to current country entry restrictions)
Duration of the mission: 9 months
Location: Latin America
ABOUT THE MISSION
SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL is a French humanitarian organization that provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 39 years, our organization has worked towards meeting the three Basic Needs – water, food and shelter – of vulnerable and crisis-affected populations, and has been more specifically committed to fight against waterborne diseases, leading cause of death in the world. SI’s interventions are carried out based on its expertise in the field of access to safe drinking water, sanitation and hygiene promotion, but also in the essential ones of food security and livelihoods. SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL is currently present in about 20 countries where SI staff – a total of 2,000 people comprising expatriates, local staff, HQ employees and some volunteers – implements programs with professionalism and commitment whilst being mindful of respecting other cultures.
Brief overview of Solidarités International’s work in the area:
SI started its WASH and FSL operations in the region in December 2019 and had to adapt to new complex contexts and their specificities focusing on the Venezuelan migrants’ crisis primarily.
SI currently intends to work on two projects in a partnership with other NGO actors:
- A project in urban areas where SI will be in charge of WASH and FSL programs
- A project in which SI will focus on WASH interventions in more rural areas
How the mission is organised:**
At present, the mission has a small base in the capital, with two international positions. In the coming months, a small national staff team will be recruited and a second base set up.
Specific context of the area in which the expatriate will be working:
Humanitarian aid is complex to set up in the area, professional maturity and diplomatic abilities are necessary to navigate in the environment.
Security restriction are in place due to high urban criminality and political tensions that can paralyze normal life.
ABOUT THE JOB
The log/admin manager will implement and supervise all Logistics Operations at his/her assigned base.
He/she will organize log/admin for programs, in keeping with Solidarités International procedures.
He/she will assist the Director" id="link" class="link">Country Director in the implementation of safety rules.
The log/admin manager also carries out administrative, accounting and financial management of his/her base, in compliance with donor and SOLIDARITES International procedures.
He/she supervises accounting operations and Cash Management, and carries out budget follow up in conjunction with the program managers.
He/she is also one of those charged with ensuring that Solidarités International’s Human Resources policy is properly implemented at the base.
He/she supports monitors and trains the members of his/her administrative team.
Her/his main tasks are related to the following areas = >
- Supply Management
- Equipment/telecommunications Management
- Management and Monitoring of IT equipment
- Human Resource management
- Reporting/ capitalization
- Recruitment and induction of a program team
- Operationalize the partnership with the different organizations
- Setting up procedures and processes
Priorities of the first 2 to 3 months
- Setting up the team internally, train and coach newly recruited staff
- Support the launching of a new program
- Find an office space and make it operational
- Knowledge of SI procedures
- Security Analysis and implementation and stakeholder relationship (armed and local authorities)
- Logistic and administrative tasks management
- Strong representation and Coordination skills
- Capacity Building skills
- Management, organization and planning skills
- Patience and support stressful environment;
- Adaptive to fast changing environment and able to deal with daily changing priorities
SI WILL OFFER YOU
- Salaried position => salary : according to experience, starting from EUR 1 980 per month (EUR 1 800 base salary + 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly) + per diem (750 USD per month).
- SI covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate’s country of residence and the mission.
- Social and medical cover => Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.