Logistic Support Consultant for Knowledge, Innovation and Communication Sector Background: The Knowledge, Innovation and Communication Sector is looking for a professional with Event Management experience. The team’s mission: The Knowledge, Innovation and Communication Sector is responsible for i) helping the IDB Group to identify, generate, apply, and disseminate high-quality knowledge as well as to develop and use learning products that enable the building of technical and general competencies; (ii) promoting an internal culture of innovation by providing experience, networks, and methodologies and expediting the adoption of innovative solutions; and (iii) expanding the audience that uses the Bank’s products and position the brand through internal and external communication. Within KIC, the Client Relations Unit is integrated by a team of Client Relation Leads and Logistic support responsible for providing a seamless and comprehensive service to address the knowledge and learning needs and gaps of IDB’s organizational units. The Client Relations Lead (CRL) serves as the main client interface between KIC and their respective organizational units. The CRLs is a highly specialized group of professionals with a clear understanding of the strategic objectives, business goals and operational priorities of their clients. CRLs work with clients to support the Design, implementation and evaluation of diverse solutions. What you’ll do: The Logistic team provides expertise in the organization and delivery of knowledge and learning events. Working in close collaboration with the CRLs and the rest of KIC’s organizational units, and using market practices, they offer recommendations and provide a variety of services that support a good learning experience based on client’s logistics requirements.Provide Technical Support in the logistic preparation and delivery of face to face and virtual events, contributing with services of high quality to fulfill the strategic objectives of the Sector. The activities to be performed may include the following:Apply Now
- Events scheduling.
- Events requirements identification.
- Preparation of event budgets and monitoring its execution.
- Coordination of services (Hotel, conference rooms, audiovisual support, catering services, translation, interpretation, printing, room setup and assembly, among others)
- Negotiation with external providers.
- Events onsite support.
- Citizenship: You are a citizen of one of our 48-member countries. We may offer assistance with relocation and visa applications for you and your eligible dependents.
- Consanguinity: You have no family members (up to fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB Group.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in areas related to Hospitality Management, Business Administration, Project Management or related areas.
- Experience: A minimum of three (3) years of professional experience in event management or project management.
- Languages: Advanced, writing and speaking, command of English and Spanish is a plus.
- Type of contract: Consultant
- Length of contract: 12 months
- Location: IDB Headquarters, Washington DC, USA
- Responsible person: Corporate Services Senior Specialist, KIC
- Requirements: You must be a citizen of one of the IDB’s 48-member countries and have no family members currently working at the IDB Group.