Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters Duty Stations.
- Prepare logistics and support plans, deployment for planned or new operations;
- Develop logistical plans for existing operations; Develop logistics contingency plans;
- Develop and implement methodologies and tools to enable effective execution of logistic plans; Coordinate logistics support to the field office location in the area of responsibility;
- Assist the Regional Administrative Officer in performing general Administration related functions;
- Report daily through the Regional Administrative Officer on the logistics status and/or immediate problems;
- Consolidate all main logistics stocks reports (fuel, bottled water, combat ration packs) and inform the Regional Administrative Officer of any foreseeable shortages.
- Develop and implement logistics support policy, procedures and methodologies to the common benefit of all mission components;
- Prepare reports on personnel and material movements and other operational logistics issues;
- Identify, plan and manage special Logistics Operations; Ensure that accurate and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems are functioning and that all relevant records are maintained;
- Participate in field assessment visits (as required); Prepare logistics preparedness reviews;
- Coordinate logistics operations with UN Agencies, Funds, and Programmes (UNAFPs), and other international organizations upon request.
- When working with national staff or (non-)governmental counterparts, the incumbent is strongly encouraged to set aside dedicated time for training, coaching, mentoring and Capacity Development.
Perform other tasks related duties, as assigned by the direct supervisor.
Business Administration, Public Administration, Engineering, Law or other relevant field or other relevant field. However, a first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted.48 Months
A minimum of four (4) years of progressively responsible experience managing diverse logistics operations in Military/ Police, commercial or international organizations;
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- French(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge
Communication, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism