Desired start date: 15/02/2019 Duration of the mission: 3 months extensibleApply Now
ABOUT THE MISSIONSI opened its mission in Cameroun in 2014 and is mainly active in the WASH and FSL sectors, working on Emergency response and Early Recovery/ resilience programs. SI is often partnering with Health INGOs to implement integrated WASH and Health/nutrition programs The SI mission in Cameroon has around 10 expatriates and 101 national staff. Mid 2020 it is planed that the Coordination will move to a regional level to cover both Tchad and Cameroon. The 2019 budget is 4,5M euros.
JOB DESCRIPTIONGeneral objective: Under the supervision of the base’s Field Coordinator and with functional relations with the Coordination, he/she will be in charge of the following tasks:
- Manage the administrative / Logistics activities of the base
- Ensure the logistics process and procedures as per SI regulations
- Ensure the admin process and procedures as per SI regulations
- Train logistics and admin teams
- Ensure purchase and timely supplies
- Participate in the security and access strategy of the mission
- Ensure a smooth and efficient HR follow up
- Lack of quality supplies due to volatile security situation the planning need to be adapt in a daily basis. The context does not allow to have a fix Long Term planning. Flexibility is mandatory.
- The communication between national staff is a big challenge. Even if they speak the same language they do not really understand each other. Confusion is presence every day.
- Budgets are tight and need constant revision to optimize the allocation of resources.
- Premises assessment for a potential new office. Verify if is a better option is to have a contract with other INGOs for 2 rooms.
- Implementation policy of staff field behavior during mission. Established limitations of alcohol consumption and use of visibility at the end of the days.
- Plan and Internal Audit of Procurement archive from the beginning of the project.
- Include an excel training for all staff as part of the Capacity Building plan of 2020.
- Modified the office/GH layout as per 2020 projections (based in the budgets and operations planned).
- Diplomas related to logistics or Administration
- Previous experiences in humanitarian sector
- Previous experiences in administration and logistics in a volatile environment
- Previous experience in base opening is an asset
- Good organizational, planning and capacity building skills
- Security procedures in volatile context definition/implementation
- Prior experiences in the area is an advantage
- Autonomy & Flexibility
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines, with peaks of heavy workloads
- Management skills
- English fluent and French is an asset