The Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) would like a contractor to Design and implement a randomized control trial on interventions to increase electricity grid connections in Ouagadougou with a potential extension to Bobo Dioulasso, in partnership with SONABEL, the electricity utility. The RCT is expected to address the following two interventions:
- A credit intervention, ideally in which the connection cost is amortized into the electricity bill – terms of credit such as loan term and interest rate may be varied;
- An intervention to reduce the administrative burden of connecting to the grid.
The period of performance for this project is anticipated to last 26 months.
SI is seeking Local Electricity Connection Experts to serve as intermittent consultants, support the experiment design, provide technical expertise in developing survey questions, and complete various other tasks as requested by the supervisory Economist. Please note that this need is anticipated for an upcoming proposal that has not been awarded.
** Please note: This is a local position, and is open only to citizens from Francophone Africa.
- Assist in the design of the experiment in conjunction with the Supervisory Economist.
- Provide subject matter expertise in electricity grid connections for households and firms.
- Provide technical expertise to develop survey questions.
- Contribute to the final report.
- Master’s degree in economics, public policy, or other related field required. PhD preferred.
- Minimum five years of experience in international development and electrification.
- Must be willing to travel to Burkina Faso for on-site field work.
- Proven ability to advise and provide technical expertise in the field of electrification.
- Oral and written fluency in English and French.