Desired start date: August 2020 Duration of the mission: short mission of 3 months Location: Iraqi Kurdistan (Erbil/Dohuk) with regular field missions in NES (Amuda and Derek).Apply Now
ABOUT THE MISSIONOver 9 years of conflict in Syria has resulted in significant destruction of the country’s infrastructure, socio-economic dynamics and opportunities, basic services and social cohesion. The last figures published by UNOCHA indicate that 11.7 million people remain in need of humanitarian assistance throughout Syria, 5 million of whom are children. An estimated 6.5 million Syrians are food insecure and an additional 2.5 million people are at risk of Food Insecurity. SI objective for 2020 is to adapt its strategy in Ar-Raqqa Governorate to extend its response to the livelihood sector by a progressive shift from the Emergency logic of intervention towards the Early Recovery approach. The mission will be conducted during 90 days. Indicatively, the mission is planned to start on the 15th of August until the 15th of November 2020.
ABOUT THE JOBIn this context, SI plans a short-term mission (up to 3 months extendable depending on needs) to help developing SI livelihood strategy in Ar-Raqqa Governorate with a focus on the followings: – Tailored needs Analysis in the livelihood sector according to the specific environment (Ar-Raqqa City and villages in rural areas , and to a lesser extent informal settlements) and affected groups (hosting communities, residents and returnees, IDPs) – Design of livelihood activities tailored on the basis of needs analysis. The expected outputs of this mission are as follows: – A SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats) analysis based on evidence coming from primary and secondary Data Analysis. – Analysis of livelihood opportunities for vulnerable and affected population in Ar-Raqqa Governorate (rural and urban areas) with reference to the pre-identified locations; identify potential sectors and markets for engagement for income and employment; – Technical Support for the development and submission of key proposals planned during autumn season (September-October 2020) to nourish SI analysis and response strategy design for 2021 fundraising. The expatriate will propose a detailed methodology and tools during the inception phase of the mission to discuss and finalize with Ar-Raqqa Field Coordinator, the DCD-Programs and the CD and other members of the teams. According to flight availability, KR-I and NES movements policies/restrictions, the expatriate would be implemented by remote and/or in the field.
- A mix of emergency Food Security and vulnerable livelihoods and long-term/resilient livelihood program planning and implementation experience in the Middle East.
- Livelihood assessment and strategy development skills. Experience in developing strategies for program that are in transition from humanitarian to long-term development would be a plus.
- Good understanding of livelihoods programming in NES with a focus on Ar-Raqqa Governorate.
- Excellent Coordination (internal and external), facilitation and communication skills.
- Previous knowledge/experience with Solidarites Internationale is desirable.
- Eligible to smoothly enter and work in Syria.
- Fluent English