Livelihoods and Food Security (LFS) Programme Development Manager
Syria (North), Norwegian Refugee Council
Rights Respected, People Protected
NRC currently has more than 2,000 staff in the Middle East region assisting people displaced by conflict in Syria . As a leading humanitarian organization, we support displaced persons by implementing programs across the Shelter, Education, Food Security, Information Counseling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) sectors with strong protection and resilience focus integrated into our programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
The purpose of the Project Development Manager (PDM) is to be responsible for design, development and implementation of LFS programme/project. The LFS PDM is also responsible for development and implementation of cash-based interventions. The following is a brief description of the role:
- Develop LFS strategy, technical SOPs / guidelines and Macro LFAs;
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, CC tools, handbooks and guidelines;
- Responsible of development and manage funding proposal, project budgets and donor reports;
- Overall management of project staff;
- Coordinate and manage all LFS and cash project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements;
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills;
- Liaison and collaborate with relevant local and national authorities and stakeholders and represent NRC in relevant forums/cluster/working groups;
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy;
- Support advocacy efforts of NRC related to livelihoods and food security issues.
- Minimum 5 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context;
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Technical expertise in emergency and longer-term livelihood programming including cash based programming;
- Master’s/Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject (agriculture, economics, nutrition, environmental studies, or international development, etc.);
- Conversant with programme issues in humanitarian settings (especially education, shelter) and integrated programming
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities;
- Knowledge and skills in market analysis, cash-based interventions and market-based programmes;
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile;
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal;
- Valid driver’s license.
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of the context in Syria or Middle East;
- Knowledge of the Arabic language is an advantage;
- Experience with start-up and expansion of new programmes, preferably livelihood, food security or cash-based interventions.
- Ability to work with diplomacy, tact and sensitivity and experience in working within different cultural contexts requiring cultural sensitivity.
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Handling insecure environments
- Planning and delivering results
- Strategic thinking
- Contract period: 12 months with possibility of extension.
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions.
- Duty station: North Syria, 50 % (TBC) within areas of operation.
Please download Job Description of the position here.
We will review applications on an ongoing basis, interested candidates are encouraged to apply early.