This role will work under the supervision of BTCA Technical Advisor (Digital Payments Resource and Innovation Hub) and guidance of BTCA Deputy Director, the incumbent will support the design and implementation of the Better Than Cash Alliance’s global learning strategy serving governments, companies and international organization.
This will include the implementation of learning and knowledge components in-country work with Alliance members with focus on below job functions :
- Support the design of learning by Alliance members on all aspects of digitizing payments: including Alliance member Peer-Exchanges
- Facilitate learning by Alliance Secretariat to keep ahead of innovation in digital payments in emerging economies
- Undertake research on digital payments
Detailed Description of Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate the design of learning by Alliance members on all aspects of digitizing payments: including Alliance member Peer-Exchanges
- Support the BTCA Technical Advisor (Digital Payment Resource & Innovation Hub) to lead and implement an effective global learning strategy for all Alliance members with an emphasis on action-based and digitally-enabled solutions on the topic of digitization of payments.
- Work with Alliance regional, in-country and corporate leads to assess and prioritize learning needs and ensure alignment.
- Identify the most effective modalities and tools to facilitate member learning including online, bilateral, in-person, and peer exchanges (i.e.south-south ).
- Help develop learning content on digital payments and translate content into teaching products, both digitally and in-person.
- Identify strong partners and digital learning platforms, manage those relationships and oversee the Learning budget in partnership with the Head of the Digital Payments Innovation and Resource Hub.
- Integrate intuitive learning technologies and tools that optimize and focus on the learner experience and encourages engagement.
- Manage the delivery of webinars/virtual trainings where necessary.
- Peer Exchanges: Alliance peer exchanges provide members with opportunities to learn from each other about progress and good practices on making digital payments responsibly and widely available in their economies.
- The learning analyst will support the organization of peer-exchanges across all member-groups (Government, Corporate and IDOs), including the drafting of clear project-plans for each in-country activity
- Identify the exchange-planning process including content development on digitization of payments, pre-trip dissemination, identification of appropriate participation for member countries and logistics.
- Accompany participants on their visits to ensure the smooth execution of all activities agreed on project plan.
- Work with regional and in-country team to ensure knowledge from peer exchange visits is properly disseminated back in the participant countries and post-event engagement is assured.
- Collaborate in managing relations with member countries focal points as needed.
- Track peer exchange learnings and commitments for results measurement purposes.
- Working alongside the Head of Communications, develop effective communication strategies to increase awareness and usage of learning initiatives.
- Liaise with other learning networks within the UN (i.e. UN Learning Managers Forum) and other fora, to identify and implement good practices in learning development.
2. Facilitate learning by Alliance Secretariat to keep ahead of innovation in digital payments in emerging economies
- Work with the Head of the Digital Payments Resources and Innovation Hub and the Leads to ensure the team continuously draws valuable lessons from existing initiatives.
- Support the organization learning sessions for Alliance staff, to ensure the team keeps abreast of innovations and trends in digital payments/fintech/digital innovation/responsible practices.
- Monitor and establish metrics to ensure learning efforts make a compelling ROI case that results efficiently and effectively in meeting the needs of the Alliance.
- Serve as an internal technical resource on learning and training for program/initiative execution.
- Track and share learning, professional development and training opportunities for Alliance staff.
- Work alongside the Head of Communications, to develop effective communication strategies to increase awareness and usage of learning initiatives.
- Ensure all types of learning initiatives have clear results consistent with the Alliance TOC, track progress, collate and present results.
3. Undertake research on digitizing payments
- As a member of the Digital Payments Resource and Innovation Hub team, conduct secondary research on governments, companies and development partners on digitization.
- Support the development of learning products leveraging the Hub's research work.
- Conduct in-depth research on topics related to digital payments, digital financial services and financial inclusion, regulation and fintech in specific markets (e.g. Government to Person Payments, Responsible Digital Finance, Financial Inclusion trends and Fintech);
- Coordinate and/or support production of research-based initiatives in partnership with regional, in-country and corporate leads.
Innovation: Ability to make new and useful ideas work
Level 3: Apply & Adapt (Recognized contributor with demonstrated ability)
Leadership: Ability to persuade others to follow
Level 2: Execute & Learn (Perform defined tasks)
People Management: Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
Level 2: Execute & Learn (Perform defined tasks)
Communication: Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
Level 2: Execute & Learn (Perform defined tasks)
Delivery: Ability to get things doneLevel 2: Execute & Learn (Perform defined tasks)
Technical/Functional Competencies:Digital Payments/Financial Services Technical ExpertiseLevel 2: Apply & Adapt: Contributes skills and knowledge with demonstrated ability to advance innovation and continuous improvement, in professional area of expertise Project ManagementLevel 3: Originate: Catalyzes new ideas, methods, and applications to pave a path for innovation and continuous improvement in professional area of expertise Knowledge ManagementLevel 3: Originate: Catalyzes new ideas, methods, and applications to pave a path for innovation and continuous improvement in professional area of expertise Digital CommunicationsLevel 2: Apply & Adapt: Contributes skills and knowledge with demonstrated ability to advance innovation and continuous improvement, in professional area of expertise Event PlanningLevel 2: Apply & Adapt: Contributes skills and knowledge with demonstrated ability to advance innovation and continuous improvement, in professional area of expertise Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced university degree (Master’s level) in international affairs, development, political science, or another relevant field.
Work Experience/Skillset Requirements:
- Minimum two years of relevant professional experience , preferably working or researching on digital government, digital financial services at the international level and in-country;
- Previous experience in a learning/knowledge role in the development, consulting or technology space, required.
- Demonstrated performance in designing and delivering a learning strategy at the global level, required.
- In-depth knowledge of digital payments and of the digital financial services space, including benefits of digitization, innovative business models, policy and regulatory challenges, accelerators for eco-system development and understanding of responsible digital payments, preferred.
- Proven track record in designing, planning and implementing government-to-governments peer-exchanges on topics related to digital payments such as Government-to-Person payments, tax incentives, financial inclusion policies, etc., essential;
- Demonstrated excellent writing, editing and communications skills to an international standard including correspondence, reports, talking points and briefing material essential;
- Experience conducting research and preparing policy briefs on digital payments, digital financial services and financial inclusion; essential;
- Experience in event management and organization of high-level meetings with senior government officials and senior business leaders; an advantage.
- Fluency in English both oral and written, is required;
- Working proficiency in Spanish or French or other official UN languages is required.
Important information for US Permanent Residents ('Green Card' holders)
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.