Duration of the mission: until 30/09/2021 Location: Erbil (Iraq) with regular travel to North-East Syria Closing date for applications: 30/09/20Apply Now
ABOUT THE JOBSI, which has been present in Syria since 2013 is dedicated to work on recently opened and challenging areas to provide lifesaving activities to the population affected by the conflict. Main current activities are related to emergency wash (water distribution and rehabilitation) and distribution of essential NFI (winterization) and cash. The mission is expanding through a major consortium with 4 partners led by SI. The LEARN consortium ( Linking Assistance and Relief in Northeast Syria ) will support equitable and safe access to essential basic services including WASH, Shelter and Health, for the most vulnerable populations affected by conflict and displacement in Northeast Syria. Acquired funding, financial visibility, search of complementary funds: The mission has secured several funding from CDC, UNICEF, ECHO, OFDA and an ambitious consortium of 2 years with OFDA will ensure a good financial visibility for the mission until 2021. The Consortium Management Unit is looking for a Meal Specialist.
- Line manager: Deputy Chief of Party, based in NES.
- Functional manager: Meal Referent – SI HQ.
ABOUT THE MISSIONThe MEAL Specialist designs the MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning) strategy and action plans for the consortium, in accordance with SI and partners’ operational frameworks, and makes sure it is disseminated, understood and implemented by the consortium staff SPECIFIC STAKES AND CHALLENGES:
- Manages the consortium’s MEAL staff
- Provides methodological support to all consortium teams on technical questions linked to MEAL and cross-cutting issues (quantitative and qualitative Data Collection, measure of indicators, complaint response mechanism, “do no harm” Analysis, ToRs for internal and external evaluations, institutional knowledge building etc.) and provides trainings within his/her field of expertise;
- Makes sure his/her department is cross-cutting and well integrated with all departments (functional links) of the consortium specialist team, as well as with consortium partners;
- Contributes to institutional knowledge building and improvement of methods and techniques;
- Strategic orientation : In cooperation with the Compliance Specialist and Protection Specialist, propose and develop policies/strategies, SOPs or action plans (M&E, accountability, gender, do-no harm) in accordance with the priorities for North East Syria etc.
- Training and Technical Support : Develop consortium teams’ capacities in his/her field of expertise: data collection and analysis, measurement of indicators, feedback & complaint response mechanism, do-no harm analysis, etc.
- Monitoring and Evaluation of the consortium’s programs : Security situation allowing, propose and organize M&E missions in collaboration with other technical specialists, partner’s focal points and Field Coordinators:
- Accountability : Ensure that the key principles of the LEARN FCRM mechanism are respected and that the summary of complaints is submitted by partners to CMU etc.
- Institutional Knowledge Building (IKB)
- Coordination and operational monitoring : Prepare CMU MEAL team ToR and workplan and ensure its regular update based on available resources and access/security situation etc.
- Reporting / communication / representation : Prepare Indicator tracking tables for partners’ reporting and review their submissions. Function as focal point for MEAL related communication with the donor, including the preparation of contractual or LEARN-initiated MEAL updates and change requests etc.