Desired start date: ASAP Duration of the mission: 1 year Location: Northeast SyriaApply Now
ABOUT THE MISSIONSI, which has been present in Syria since 2013 is dedicated to work on recently opened and challenging areas to provide lifesaving activities to the population affected by the conflict. Main current activities are related to emergency wash (water distribution and rehabilitation) and distribution of essential NFI (winterization) and cash. The mission is expanding through a major consortium with 4 partners led by SI. The LEARN consortium ( Linking Assistance and Relief in Northeast Syria ) will support equitable and safe access to essential basic services including WASH, Shelter and Health, for the most vulnerable populations affected by conflict and displacement in Northeast Syria. The Health Specialist contributes to the implementation and adaptation of the LEARN sector strategy and the wider LEARN strategy, including facilitating integration of Health with other LEARN sectors. The Health Specialist will ensure that effective partnership and collaboration are maintained for advocacy, technical cooperation, program coordination, information sharing and knowledge networking. He/she will provide technical input and advice to the implementing health and program teams at RI, UPP, PIN and SI. Reporting to DCoP LEARN, the Health Specialist will ensure robust health sector interventions, update the consortium on day-to-day health sector progress, issues and challenges, and support the health partners in implementing a harmonized system for implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the health sector interventions.
ABOUT THE JOB
- The Health Specialist contributes to the implementation and adaptation of the LEARN sector strategy, including facilitating integration of Health with other LEARN sectors.
- The Health Specialist will ensure that effective partnership and collaboration are maintained for advocacy, technical cooperation, lessons learnt, program coordination and information sharing.
- He/she will provide technical input and advice, working with all LEARN partners and sectors, and has strong intersections with support services, especially logistics.
- Deployment of a multi-partner, multi-million dollar project in a complex area of intervention
- Coordinates and supports consortium partners, both technically and also in communication, harmonization and integration to achieve the aims of the project
- Develop a positive work relationship internally to the consortium, as well as externally towards health actors present in the area
- The position requires a high mobility inside and outside the intervention area
- Lead on the health coordination agenda, focusing on a set of keys areas already identified by LEARN partners.
- Ensure smooth information sharing across the sectors where relevant to health.
- Support LEARN’s COVID-19 response.
- Support year 2 implementation towards the close of year 2, including timely and quality donor submissions.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills
- Strategic planning, monitoring, and evaluation
- Excellent abilities to coordinate with people of different sectors/departments
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and representation skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, and tasks efficiently
- Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to detail
- Full English proficiency
- Strong grasp of all stages of programme cycle management and quality standards in humanitarian programming, including safeguarding and accountability mechanisms
- Knowledge of Arabic would be appreciated
- Experience of working in complex and volatile contexts, including familiarity with the humanitarian context of Syria or the Middle East, would be an advantage