Category: ADMINISTRATION Req ID: LATIN02099 Posted Date: 2020-06-18 Schedule: Full Time Location: Washington, DC 20015, United States USA Description Position Location: Washington, DC-Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, this internship will be performed on-line. If the intern resides in the Washington, D.C. area, he/she could come into the office when Creative re-opens. Background: Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, governance and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike. Position Summary: Creative Associates seeks a personable and highly motivated Research intern to support Creative's Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) Strategy in research, writing and presentation-oriented tasks and activities. If you are about to enter or are in a graduate degree program and are ready to enrich your research, technical writing and thematic experience regarding LAC, and build real-world experience, this is the internship for you. Reporting and Supervision: This position will report to the Director of LAC Strategy. LAC Strategy Research Intern Duties and Responsibilities:Apply Now
- Conduct research related to Latin America and Caribbean issues;
- Perform literary reviews and write short summaries or reports;
- Proofread technical documents;
- Translate short documents from Spanish into English and vice versa
- Conduct research on the following themes: Migration, Youth, Security, Labor, Economics, Technical and Vocational Education, and Information Technology, among others;
- Help prepare Word, PowerPoint, and Excel documents; and
- Track the progress, priorities, and deadlines of various proposals. MinimumSkills and Qualifications:
- A degree in Latin American Studies, International Affairs, International Development, Public Administration, International Education or other areas with significant coursework associated with the LAC region;
- Written and oral proficiency in English and Spanish;
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and resume databases;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment; and
- Solid organizational skills and attention to detail. Experience Benefits:
- Develop experience working on a wide variety of proposals.
- Gain exposure to a fast-paced, collaborative office environment.
- Work side-by-side with a highly experienced HR Team.
- Organize and attend company meetings and networking events.