Organ: The Telecommunication Development Bureau (BDT) is responsible for the organization and coordination of the work of the Telecommunication Development Sector (ITU-D) of the Union which deals mainly with ICT-focused development policies, strategies and programmes, as well as technical cooperation activities, to promote digital inclusion and drive digital transformation at community, country and regional levels. To effectively and efficiently serve the needs of ITU members, BDT is organized into four functional areas:Apply Now
- Office of the Deputy to the Director and Field Operations Coordination Department
- Partnerships for Digital Development Department
- Digital Networks & Society Department
- Digital Knowledge Hub Department
- Researches and prepares briefs prior to meetings and conference calls with membership, follow-up of meetings with Sector Members to strengthen the relationship with ITU-D Sector Members, Associates and Academia.
- Participates and assists with design of data collection tools for better segmentation of membership portfolio; identifies problems/issues and prepares preliminary recommendations for improvement of membership engagement.
- Maintains, updates, and revises the content of the ITU-D Membership in CRM and ITU-D website; proposes improvements and enhances the ITU-D Sector Membership website and other outreach materials. Reviews and proposes outreach opportunities for prospective new members.
- Contributes to the preparation of various written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, presentations, analytical notes, sections of reports and studies.
- Uses tools and platforms to identify to new prospects and prepares the outreach approach to each prospect.
- Supports the Service in the implementation of high-level platforms for Membership (such as the Industry Advisory Group for Development Issues - IAGDI, and the Private Sector Chief Regulatory Officers - CRO meeting) which includes, amongst others: developing action plan work plan, content research, and analysis and prepares recommendations.
- Carries out research and monitors the membership outreach and engagement initiatives, mainstreaming opportunities for engagement within ITU-D's menu of products and services, projects, ITU-D Study Groups and other platforms for collaboration.
- Sustains relationships with the ITU-D membership, liaising with existing members and analyses the possible causes for membership cancellation, suspensions, and exclusions. Receives visitors and answers requests for general information by members or potential members of ITU-D, by administrations and organizations concerning matters falling within the responsibility of the Service, namely, member's rights and obligations. Membership benefits, approval procedure and costs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Core Competencies: Applying Expertise; Effective Communication; Learning and Knowledge Sharing; Organizational Commitment; Results-Focused, and; Teamwork and Collaboration.
- Essential Functional Competencies: Analysis, Judgement and Decision-Making; Client and Service Orientation; Innovation and Facilitating Change; Networking and Building Partnerships, and; Planning and Organizing.
- Essential Technical Competencies: Knowledge and ability to manage CRM, prepare briefings and company profiles, use tools and platforms to reach out to prospects.