Organizational Setting FAO Liaison office with the European Union and Belgium is responsible for strengthening FAO’s visibility, interaction and advocacy with key partners, including the European Union and the Permanent Representations of the EU Member States, the ACP Secretariat and their Permanent Representations Member States, NGOs, and academic institutions in Belgium. Reporting Lines The consultant reports to FAO LOB Liaison Officer, under the overall supervision of the Director of the office. Technical Focus Ensure achievement of LOB’s objectives with efficient Coordination and support Tasks and Responsibilities Follow up and support overall portfolio of LOB Liaison Officer, which includes:Apply Now
- Support the liaison work with non-state actors, including keeping track of FAOLOB portfolio, engaging with new partners, monitoring current partnerships and follow-up.
- Support the liaison work with the OACPS and providing support to Brussels-based Permanent Representatives to FAO
- Follow the activities (policies, events, publications) of the Committee of the Regions and Economic and Social Committee relating to FAO mandates
- Help maintain regular communication with stakeholders through e-mails (through distribution lists)
- Participate in the UN Brussels Green Deal Working Group, planning and carrying out the activities in the communication advocacy roadmap
- Aid in the preparation and organisation of the FAO Brussels Dialogues and/or other FAO events ie. drafting of concept notes, invitations, follow-up communication materials
- Advanced university degree in Security" id="link" class="link">Food Security, Nutrition, development
- Minimum one year of experience
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of one of the other FAO languages (French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Russian).
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Experience in FAO
- Knowledge of FAO internal policy
- Working knowledge of French would be an asset
- Basic Knowledge about FAO mandate and rural development programs.