NOTE: Signed Offeror’s Letter to UNDP Confirming Interest and Availability - https://www.ba.undp.org/content/dam/bosnia_and_herzegovina/docs/Operations/Jobs/Offerors%20Letter%20to%20UNDP%20Confirming%20Interest%20and%20Availability.docx - Letter to UNDP Confirming Interest and Availability.docx - to be sent to e-mail email@example.com with Subject: Job ID 92802 As a regional initiative, Regional Programme on Local Democracy in the Western Balkans (ReLOaD) is implemented in six Western Balkans (WB) IPA beneficiaries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH), Kosovo*, North Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia. Project duration is from February 2017 until end of 2020. ReLOaD is financed by the European Union and implemented by UNDP. The IPA beneficiaries are facing complex set of similar development challenges. More specifically, they have been experiencing challenges in ensuring transparent mechanisms for funding of civil society organisations (CSO) and including citizens in decision making processes on a local level. At the same time Albania, BiH Kosovo*, North Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia invest significant efforts to mainstream the EU accession agenda within their socio-political contexts. An integral part of the EU accession agenda is to promote inclusion of civil society and further development of participatory democracies in the region. The ReLOaD is addressing the above-mentioned challenges by strengthening partnerships between local governments (LG) and CSOs. ReLOaD in BiH focuses its efforts in 21 partner LGs: Banja Luka, Bijeljina, Bratunac, Brod, Centar Sarajevo, Gradacac, Jablanica, Kakanj, Maglaj, Modrica, Pale, Rudo, Sokolac, Stari Grad Sarajevo, Teslic, Tešanj, Travnik, Trebinje, Tuzla, Vitez and Vogošca. * For the European Union, this designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244/1999 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence. For UNDP, references to Kosovo shall be understood to be in the context of Security Council resolution 1244 (1999). The need to improve partnership between LGs and CSOs and citizens in general and the upward trend in using Information Communication Technology (ICT) set ground for the ReLOaD project to explore innovative solutions and mechanisms. The concept starts from innovation through development to actuation with the purpose to assist the citizens and local authorities in building effective two-way communication. In that context, ReLOaD organized two ideation processes, ideathons, to gather innovative ideas which can be key to ensure effective cooperation of LGs and citizens/CSOs in October 2019. Young men and women suggested 16 ideas that included tech tools such as mobile apps, web platforms, interactive chats. 8 most striking ideas were chosen to be further developed at a 48-hour Hackathon under the guidance of IT and Local Governance and social inclusion experts. At the end of the process, a winning solution was selected, namely Go Green application developed by four high-school students (Go Green team), that consists of the following four components: 1. EDUCATIONAL PART - educational material on recycling (text and pictures), including an eco-game "Split by Color". 2. THE ECO MAP WITH THE SCANNER – this section provides a map of all eco containers/bins in respective LG and by using a scanner it would allow to determine what kind of waste the user is having and would provide information in which container this waste should be disposed. An eco-map would open with instructions on how to get to a particular bin. This functionality is to use AI algorithms. 3. GREEN ACTIONS - this section provides a green calendar marked with green events (meetups, workshops, cleaning and cleaning activities, eco competitions from municipalities). 4. APPLICATION (CAMERA) – this is an interactive section where the user can report to the responsible authority the violation of eco-Law and unclean areas and responsible authority would need to give feedback on this in terms of the activities conducted to resolve the issue. For the purpose of developing Go green application, ReLOaD project will engage a two Junior IT developers as a part of team in charge of developing the Go green application. Team consists of five positions Team leader and national expert on IT application development and delivery, two Senior and two Junior developers (hereinafter: IT team).Apply Now
Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe purpose of this consultancy is to provide services related to follow-up, Coordination and development of winning solution (Go Green) into a viable Mobile Application product, which includes application testing. Go Green application is currently a prototype developed by the Go Green team from Sarajevo. Thus far, Go Green team has developed a prototype with simple elements and integrated Google map, a calendar and a login camera. The Go Green application will be developed and tailored for each ReLOaD partner LG that expressed the interest to use it in their Local Communities (minimum 14 ). More specifically, the Consultant is responsible that the following tasks are performed: Task 1. Support the development of the Go Green application Task 2. Finalisation of the application and quality assurance Task 1. Support the development of the Go Green application Under this Task, the Consultant will under the guidance and supervision of the Team leader support the development the Go Green application. Moreover, the Consultant will be responsible for supporting development application, its testing and customizing it for at least 14 ReLOaD partner LGs. Under this task, the Consultant is expected to:
- Attend the initial meeting with ReLOaD project, other members of the IT team and Go green team;
- Familiarise itself with the workplan for the IT team outlining steps, timeframe, resources and responsible parties that will be developed by the Team leader;
- Perform the following tasks to support the development of the Go Green mobile application and desktop version of the application:
- Define UI/UX for the application;
- Develop frontend of the application(s).
- Perform application testing, including participating in at least two focus groups and incorporation of the feedback that will be collected through the focus groups;
- Once all the information for the necessary adjustments is gathered, the Consultant will ensure that all the adjustments to the application that they are responsible for in accordance to the workplan, are applied and implemented in the application;
- Report to the Senior developer, Team leader as well as to the ReLOaD team;
- Attended the initial meeting with ReLOaD project, other members of the IT team and Go green team;
- Familiarised with the workplan for the IT team outlining steps, timeframe, resources and responsible parties developed;
- Participated in at least two focus groups organized to test the application;
- Protype version developed into customized version for each of 14 LGs;
- Participated in one day training for LG representatives organised and delivered by Team leader and Senior developers.
- Go green application developed into customized version for each of 14 LGs and adjusted in accordance with their needs and specifics.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Strives for and promotes excellence in performance continually;
- Remains calm, in control and good humoured even under pressure;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view;
- Demonstrates professional competence to meet responsibilities and post requirements and is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results;
- Result-oriented and ability to produce quality results to meet established goals, generates innovative, practical solutions to challenging situations;
- Communication: strong analytical, reporting and writing abilities, including the ability to convey complex concepts and recommendations, both orally and in writing, in a clear and persuasive style tailored to match target audiences;
- Teamwork: ability to interact, establish and maintain effective working relations with a culturally diverse team;
- Plans and delivers quality results to meet established goals;
- Presents information in a clear and articulate manner;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure and in stressful situations.
Required Skills and ExperienceAcademic Qualifications/Education
- At least secondary school, a university degree will be considered an asset;
- At least 3 years of experience in developing IT applications;
- Experience in at least 3 similar tasks;
- Experience in developing both web and mobile applications;
- Experience in UX/UI friendly front-end development;
- Experience in front end development for web and mobile apps with React and/or Vue;
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills in the languages of BiH people and in English.
- * Technical Criteria weight-70%
- * Financial Criteria weight- 30%
- Explaining why they are the most suitable for the work
- Personal CV including past experience in similar projects and at least 3 references.
- For an assignment requiring travel, consultants of 65 years or more require full medical examination and statement of fitness to work to engage in the consultancy.
- Due to large number of potential applicants, only competitively selected candidates will be contacted for remaining steps of the service procurement process.