Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment. Under the direct supervision of, Programme Specialist of Energy, Environment and Climate Change Portfolio, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:Apply Now
- Contribute for the 2030 Agenda and SDGs implementation
- Contribute to the Coordination and the monitoring projects implementation, assuring the liaison of the programs and initiatives of the Portfolio
- Provides Technical Support on a range of Climate change, NDC, conservation, environment and Disaster Risk Reduction areas
- Support the Strategic Partnership and the Resource mobilization initiatives
- Contribute to the Facilitation of knowledge building and sharing
- Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day);
- Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
- Reflect on the type and quality of voluntary action that they are undertaking, including participation in ongoing reflection activities;
- Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, Press Releases, etc.;
- Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
- Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
- Required Degree Level: Bachelor's degree on Climate change, Environment or Natural Resources management.
- Education - additional comments: Climate Change, NDC (National Capacities for Climate Change), Geography.
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience (up to 2 year) in climate change, environmental questions and natural resources management, Project documents preparation and implementation
- Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, Internship) would be highly regarded;
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent