Chemonics seeks a water data, advocacy, and research Advisor for the anticipated five-year, £20 million to £40 million DFID Improving Pakistan’s Water and Natural Resources Governance programme. This programme intends to strengthen Pakistan’s water management to meet future population, agricultural, and economic needs, and provide resilience to shocks and Climate Change. Aligning with the government of Pakistan’s forestry-, water-, and agricultural-management priorities, this programme aims to improve the management and use of water and natural resources to prepare the country for sustained climate-resilient growth. The position will be based in Islamabad. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Lead technical assistance that supports water data advocacy and research, climate-change adaptation, and integrated natural-Resource Management
- Provide Technical Support to improve the management and use of water and natural resources to prepare the country for sustained climate-resilient growth
- Act as a single focal point for climate change and natural resources management (NRM) technical support of the programme across all technical components for DFID and relevant ministries and stakeholders
- Keep abreast with national and international thinking on livelihood security and asset building in general and water and Agriculture in particular
- Provide technical advice and assistance to partners for the implementation of NRM and climate-change components by leading analyses, interpretation , and reporting of data relevant to the assessment of the situation of women and children, people with disabilities, climate change, vulnerable and marginalized groups including contributions to the IPWG research publications, and other reports as requested ad hoc by senior management, government counterparts, the client, partner organization and others in the areas of drinking water, sanitation and agriculture.
- Work closely with the MEL team to assist partner in the design and implementation of baseline data collection and information needs at the country, province and sub district levels
- Work with the technical leads and other key personnel to promote a coherent and strategic vision with buy-in from DFID and counterparts and stakeholders
- Advise on efficient and effective ways to prepare and disseminate products and provide input into making data, analyses and products accessible and available through different media.
- Contribute to the Capacity Development of Pakistan to monitor water, agriculture and climate change challenges in collaboration with national and provincial offices.
- Contribute to developing the capacity within government counterparts and Civil Society Organizations for evidence-based policy, planning, programming and advocacy.
- Facilitate project work planning and budgeting and assist with the staffing and resources to reach established results, indicators, and targets.
- Review draft consultant scopes of work prepared by the technical team or partner organizations and submit approval requests.
- Ensure consultants complete their assignments and submit deliverables in a timely manner
- Plan and track financial and administrative activities with the home and field offices to evaluate implementation needs
- Monitor project financial performance against work plan and life-of-project budgets
- Extensive knowledge of climate-change and natural-resources management, including one of the social sciences with background in statistics; advanced training, preferably a higher degree, in statistics, public health or another area with advanced statistics, data manipulation, and Analysis skills
- Knowledge of key sectors such as agriculture, water management, and water treatment; regional work experience preferred
- Technical knowledge in social, health, or education statistics, sample surveys, Data Analysis or other areas of applied statistics, information systems and data interpretation and dissemination in sectors of concern to DFID such as water and sanitation and health. Professional background in water and sanitation preferred
- Knowledge of Pakistan’s climate and natural resources politics and networks, DFID Climate, UN-Water, the 2030 Development Agenda (SDGs), and the Paris Agreement required
- Expert Analyst of household survey data, census data, and health data
- Ability to broker and maintain effective relationships with a wide range of stakeholders and develop and implement strategies to foster change
- Experience working with the private sector and donors, preferably for the UK government (DFID or FCO), or other international donors strongly preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English (speaking, writing, and reading) required; nationals of Pakistan strongly preferred.