WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance
Are you passionate about partnering with different functional areas to identify and mitigate risks that can optimize the way we provide assistance to millions of beneficiaries? Are you ready to change and save the lives of the world's most vulnerable people? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
We are looking for a talented IT specialist based in Rome, Italy that will be part of a dynamic team that effectively identifies, monitors, evaluates, and manages the organization’s strategic, operational, fiduciary and financial risks in support of the organization’s strategic plan.
We are currently seeking to fill a 6-month renewable position in the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Division, to provide support to WFP colleagues at the country, regional and global levels and assist in the configuration of the WFP Risk and Recommendation (R2) tracking tool. Your contribution to WFP’s Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) system will help to ensure that the organization effectively manages risks, assurance, and oversight recommendation management in all offices and teams to ensure the highest quality and efficiency in delivering support to the most vulnerable people that WFP supports.
You should be a creative problem-solver that works well with clients from across the organization. Your strong communication skills will help users get maximum benefits from the system while your strong technical skills will support the roll-out of the system to new users across the organization. Your aptitude for collaboration, communication and presentation will be an asset as you assist clients to understand and resolve issues. You should be comfortable in collaborating across teams and you will have an interest in developing guidance and information materials to help people understand complex information. The ideal candidate will have relevant experience in Information Technology, customer service, or training.
The IT Support Specialist will work within the R2 Support team and provide his expertise and regular support to the team on the WFP Modules of the MetricStream GRC platform to support system tests, reports, and Administration" id="link" class="link">System Administration work.
- Analysis of technical issues related to R2 MetricStream modules;
- Support the verification and upload of system templates and effect changes to the configuration of the modules as required
- Support the Delivery Manager with the identification of the test scenarios and test cases for the planned user acceptance testing sessions and, in case it is needed, support the preparation of the related test scripts to be executed by WFP staff
- Support the customer support in users and stakeholders’ requests by responding to queries about technology and the system as needed
- Support R2 team in the configuration of new modules
- Support the releases of new reports or new configurations when requested
- Support the system monitoring by using the available functionalities to support stakeholders and management
- Support the System Administrator with more specific and technical tasks, including user management, organizational management, data uploads etc
- Take part in the training or presentations to on the MetricStream modules’ functionalities, system use and configuration to users, stakeholders and management as needed.
- Any other duties as assigned
- You have a minimum of 1 year of progressive professional experience working with a Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) system and proven track record in development and implementation of GRC applications.
- You have experience with the application of client services standards to resolve or escalate clients’ service problems.
- You have an advanced university degree, or first university degree with additional years of relevant work experience and/or training/courses.
- You are proficient in Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel and Power Point);
- You are fluent in written and spoken English. Fluency (level C) or intermediate knowledge (level B) of another UN official language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Russian) and/or WFP’s working language Portuguese is an asset.
- You have experience in configuring and implementing MetricStream Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) modules
- You have experience delivering and resolving complex technical issues in GRC system platforms in a UN organization
- You have worked with clients in preparing test cases and test scripts for IT system development.
- You have contributed to the development and delivery of trainings in either remote training initiatives or in person learning engagements
- You have excellent written and analytical skills
Terms and Conditions
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Deadline for applications: 17 June 2020
Ref.: VA No. 122761
Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.