Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and The Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the IT Finance and User Services Division (ITFS) within the Information Technology Department (ITD). ITD enables ADB's digital agenda and supports the Bank's global operations. The department delivers digital innovation, IT infrastructure, services and solutions, and provides tools and knowledge platforms.
ITFS manages the key administrative functions that support the day-to-day business of ITD including IT budget and finance; IT investment management and reporting; strategic IT procurement; and vendor, outsourcing, and Asset Management. It is also responsible for maximizing the value of IT for the end users through effective user support and continuous learning on digital technologies to increase end-user productivity.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The IT Specialist (Finance and Budget) is responsible for managing, analyzing, forecasting, and reporting on the capital and operational budgets of the IT Department. The incumbent will be leading the IT financial planning and cost accounting functions with an aim to maximize and capture the business value obtained from ADB's IT spending. The incumbent will be joining at an exciting time as ADB is evolving its capital budget modalities and advancing the maturity of its IT financial management, particularly in the areas of IT cost transparency and benefit realization.
The incumbent will work closely with other IT divisions, IT demand and portfolio management, business sponsors, ADB budget management and accounting Departments to ensure efficient use of IT budgets and IT's compliance to financial controls. The role requires a strong analytical and financial management background in the information technology space to operationalize frameworks such as Technology Business Management (TBM) and benefit realization for technology investments. The incumbent will play an important part in shifting IT's position from being perceived as cost center to a valued business partner and enabler of digital transformation. The incumbent will report to Director, ITFS and will supervise National and Administrative Staff.
Manages IT financial processes such as budgeting, forecasting, and reporting. Drives the IT budget preparation process for the IT Department following a 3-year rolling modality. Manages all IT capital and administrative expense budgets. Forecasts and monitors spending against IT cost centers.
Leads IT department's transition to the 3-year rolling capital expenditure modality.
Provides decision support for the IT portfolio, optimizing investments and ensuring spend is aligned with IT and enterprise strategies. Develops models, scenarios, and strategic Analysis to enable data-driven decision making.
Further develop the benefit realization framework for ADB's technology investments. Promote adoption and capacity building of the benefit realization process in ITD to demonstrate the business value of IT.
Manages capital investment and expense projections of ADB's digital transformation and IT reforms programs. Maintains executive-level visualizations of ITD's investment portfolio.
Assists the chair of the IT Department's Investment Working Group, facilitates timely and in-depth stakeholder reviews and due diligence over all IT investments and procurement plans. Ensures proposals are comprehensive, and vets the IT financials and costs components.
Works closely with IT project managers and business stakeholders on project financial planning models that include maintenance, support, and depreciation cost schedules. Facilitate workshops and promote project financial planning to encourage accountability over spend targets.
Acts as subject matter expert on financial controls governing all IT capital expenditure budgets. Develops and updates implementing guidelines and ensures IT's compliance to financial controls.
Benchmarks the organization as appropriate. Designs key IT finance metrics to enable efficiency, effectiveness, and transparency of the IT organization.
Implements and leverages frameworks, processes, technology, and practices such as TBM. Provides actionable insights and advice, partnering with IT leaders to improve the costs of IT services while enabling business leaders to optimize their consumption of IT.
Leads, coaches, and develops a team of IT finance analysts and third-party service providers.
Develops and supports management presentations. Crafts analysis, conclusions, and facilitates associated actions. Provides management reporting, modeling and analytic services for IT leadership, ITD divisions, and other stakeholders.
Accountable for the continued improvement of the quality of financial projections and management reporting by leading initiatives to implement relevant changes to the current reporting and enabling technology.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Master's degree in business, finance, technology, or related field. Alternatively, a university degree in related fields combined with relevant professional experience can be considered.
- Minimum 8 years of IT finance or relevant experience, with at least 5 years' experience in the financial planning & analysis and/or financial reporting functions, with a strong record of career progression and managing budgets 50M to 150M USD in size, preferably in IT or Banking/financial services.
- Experienced in strategic portfolio management, IT value management, or benefit realization for IT projects
- Experience in technology business management and best practices implementation preferred. Competencies with TBM software such as Apptio a plus.
- Must possess an aptitude for translating complex, technical subjects into clear, business-oriented communications
- Must have good understanding of financial controls, audit practices, and accounting principles such as USGAP
- Understanding of IT disciplines e.g., SDLC, agile, asset management, outsourcing, cloud solutions, hardware/software acquisition, Business Analysis, support services for the IT function
- Must have proven leadership and team management experience - Knowledge of approaches, tools, and techniques for gaining the cooperation and support of others.
- Experience in conflict management preferred - Knowledge of tools and techniques for anticipating, recognizing and effectively dealing with existing or potential conflicts at the individual, group or situation level.
- Must possess excellent business writing and verbal communication skills in English
- Certification in relevant frameworks such as TBM, FinOps, or CPA a plus
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for International Staff Level 3 - 4.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB's standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual's qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.