WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. ABOUT WFP The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. WHY WORK AT WFP? SAVING & CHANGING LIVES Make a difference the world will notice. We are driven by our mission to fight world hunger and feed people’s dreams of a brighter future. GLOBAL COMMUNITY Build bridges that unite people across the world. Being part of a global, diverse and multicultural community like WFP, will continuously expose you to new ideas and perspectives. How we deliver our mission in deep respect for personal and cultural differences and close collaboration between every member of our global team, will certainly enrich your experience and knowledge on so many levels. UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES Unlock possibilities you never thought you'd find. WFP goes anywhere it is needed and does whatever it takes to get the job done. LIFE-CHANGING EXPERIENCE Reach beyond yourself and discover your true potential. WFP offers the kind of life-changing experiences you’re unlikely find in many other organizations. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT This job is based in Dubai, UAE office and reports to the Head of Support Services. Job holder will actively contribute to the compilation, Analysis, maintenance and reporting of IT data to maximise the effectiveness of IT services. They resolve daily issues and provide timely support to the Design, development and usage of systems. JOB PURPOSE To support the delivery of efficient and effective IT and Telecommunications (TC) services, contributing to sound, innovative solutions that enable staff to deliver food assistance to beneficiaries, in line with WFP’s strategy. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive) 1. Support the budgeting, planning and deployment of IT and Telecommunications systems that are aligned with business needs, in accordance with WFP corporate standards. 2. Provide support to maintain IT and Telecommunications systems and networks, ensuring appropriate data security and access controls considering both local and wide area network issues; and supporting users to get maximum benefits from them. 3. Install and configure new computer hardware for improving and upgrading system performance; support any technology upgrades as required. 4. Provide data and documentation to support the procurement of TC/IT equipment and services at and in line with WFP rules and regulations. 5. Collate data and contribute to the preparation of accurate reports on IT/TC investments and costs, providing information to inform decision-making by stakeholders. 6. Develop technical skills and knowledge, and build awareness of industry developments. 7. Respond to queries from users, understanding and resolving issues, providing advice and ensuring IT policies, procedures, systems and tools are correctly applied to support them. 8. Guide junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries. 9. Support the capability building of staff through the organisation and/or review of Training Programs aimed at developing skills/knowledge in IT and TC. 10. Coordinate with other UN agencies in order to network, align activities and support possibilities of inter-agency collaboration in the field of IT and Telecommunications. 11. Interact effectively with colleagues and user groups to understand their needs and provide appropriate Technical Support. 12. Follow standard Emergency preparedness and contingency planning practices to ensure WFP is able to maintain basic IT services and/or quickly respond and deploy resources to affected areas at the onset of a crisis. 13. Follow operational plans and deliver resource requirements at the onset of an emergency. 14. Other as required. STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Education: Advanced university degree in Computer Science or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/courses. Experience: Seven or more years of postgraduate professional experience in providing Technical support/ service desk / IT infrastructure management in large organisation/ITES environment. Experience in a managerial position and a multicultural work environment is also required. Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in the English. 4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES PurposeApply Now
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
- Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
- Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
- Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
- Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.